Where is Battery and Motor made

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acevolt

I was just at the Mercedes dealer looking at a 2017 B250e and it says the Engine and Transmission are made in the Netherlands and the car has 0% US/Canadian parts content. That does not seem correct, even the tires on the car said "Made in USA". My 2015 B-Class says Engine and Transmission are made in USA and it has 15% US/Canadian parts content. Is Tesla still the battery and motor supplier?

The assembled Battery and Motor are from Tesla. If you look closely on some of the hoses in the engine compartment you will see Tesla printed on them. The battery cells are from Panasonic.

I still see little Tesla labels on my 17' B250e. It says 70% german, but nothing for the rest of the 30%. I'm guessing that's where the battery is. FWIW, automakers make lots of errors on the window stickers a lot. BMW just sent out a letter to a bunch of i3 owners about adding maintenance coverage to their cars because the window sticker listed it even though they changed the program a while ago for 2017 models.

Back