MyB available at the App Store

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsjacob

MyB is available at the App Store.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/myb-ev-charge-and-departure/id1193825372?mt=8

*** Mercedes-Benz B-Class charge and departure on your Watch, iPhone, and iPad ***

Manage Mercedes B-Class charge and departure time from convenient iOS and watchOS apps. The MyB user interface is streamlined to provide the most important information and actions you need to supervise your electric vehicle remotely.

MyB checks the Mercedes webapp every five minutes without draining your phone and watch battery. It achieves this by performing the checks from our servers — not your phone or watch. Changes are pushed to your phone and watch only when the servers detect differences or you explicitly request an update. Your app screens and watch complications stay fresh as long as you can receive silent (i.e., they don't bother you) data notifications.

Do you share a car with someone else? Sign-in to MyB from as many iOS and watchOS devices as you want. Everyone stays in-sync!

MyB is not associated with or endorsed by Mercedes-Benz.

Thank you,
John

JeffRay said:
Thanks John. Afraid I am an Android Samsung Neo owner.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the reply. I'm happy to work with an Android developer if there is a significant demand. The REST API on the server doesn't care what OS the client uses.

John

HI John,

Thank you for the app. I downloaded it yesterday and am hoping to us it.

Do you need an active Brace account (which costs approximately $500/year from MB, unless you received a free trial period with the lease/purchase of a new vehicle) to use your app?

If MBrace isn't required, how does one "sync" the app with the vehicle?

Many thanks!

mr250e said:
HI John,

Thank you for the app. I downloaded it yesterday and am hoping to us it.

Do you need an active Brace account (which costs approximately $500/year from MB, unless you received a free trial period with the lease/purchase of a new vehicle) to use your app?

If MBrace isn't required, how does one "sync" the app with the vehicle?

Many thanks!

Thank you for trying MyB!

MyB requires a login to "My Mercedes Electric" (if you are in the US) or "Mercedes Me" (if you are outside the US). If you are able to login to one of these sites then you can use MyB:

* https://app-242-am.secure.mercedes-benz.com/
* https://app.secure.mercedes-benz.com/

I don't know if these require mbrace to work or if it's separate -- I have mbrace so I can't compare. I hope it works for you, so please let me know what happens.

John

jsjacob said:
Thank you for trying MyB!

MyB requires a login to "My Mercedes Electric" (if you are in the US) or "Mercedes Me" (if you are outside the US). If you are able to login to one of these sites then you can use MyB:

* https://app-242-am.secure.mercedes-benz.com/
* https://app.secure.mercedes-benz.com/

I don't know if these require mbrace to work or if it's separate -- I have mbrace so I can't compare. I hope it works for you, so please let me know what happens.

John

Hi, John.

I'm all set up on the "My Mercedes Electric" website. I have a login, password, VIN, and VCC (obtained from the MB dealer). However, when I contacted MB to activate the app, I was told it would be roughly $500/annually for all kinds of stuff (e.g., roadside service, etc.) that I didn't necessarily want or feel was worth the price quoted under the MBrace umbrella. Also, in reading elsewhere on this forum, it mentions one must have an "active" MBrace account to use the app.

Do you know whether it's possible to activate only the app portion of the MBrace account and decline the other add-ons? If so, I might be willing to do that. Otherwise, your app ("MyB") as well as the Mercedes app ("My Mercedes Electric") only has relevance and usefulness to those with an "active" or otherwise "free" MBrace account.

Thank you.

mr250e said:
Hi, John.

I'm all set up on the "My Mercedes Electric" website. I have a login, password, VIN, and VCC (obtained from the MB dealer). However, when I contacted MB to activate the app, I was told it would be roughly $500/annually for all kinds of stuff (e.g., roadside service, etc.) that I didn't necessarily want or feel was worth the price quoted under the MBrace umbrella. Also, in reading elsewhere on this forum, it mentions one must have an "active" MBrace account to use the app.

Do you know whether it's possible to activate only the app portion of the MBrace account and decline the other add-ons? If so, I might be willing to do that. Otherwise, your app ("MyB") as well as the Mercedes app ("My Mercedes Electric") only has relevance and usefulness to those with an "active" or otherwise "free" MBrace account.

Thank you.

When I leased my B-Class in 2015 there were two levels of mbrace. I chose the lower level, which included My Mercedes Electric. Since then the mbrace subscription levels have changed. According to the new levels you need the "mbrace Connect package" because it provides the "My Mercedes Electric Vehicle Homepage". It looks like this is the package you were told about.

I'm surprised you were quoted for $500 per year. From what I read this package is free for 5 years if your vehicle is a 2016 or later.
https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/2016-mercedes-benz-lineup-to-feature-free-mbrace-connect-for-five-years.html
https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/mbrace ("Standard for the first 5 years").

Good luck,
John

John -
Presently the app store tells me that MyB is only installable on ios 10+
Would it lose functionality to have it work for older hardware not running 10?

EVAccess has been great, and does run on the older stuff too.

bcurious said:
John -
Presently the app store tells me that MyB is only installable on ios 10+
Would it lose functionality to have it work for older hardware not running 10?

EVAccess has been great, and does run on the older stuff too.

It's likely there would be no loss of functionality if I extend compatibility to iOS 9.3. I originally limited the app to iOS 10 because that's what I had and there had been an autolayout / text formatting bug in early iOS 10. I will consider opening downward compatibility in a future version.

Jsjacob,

New member saying he did not find app in Apple Store. Still there? I took a quick search in iTunes and did not come up.

Does not come up on my iphone app store.
I see it on my Mac but cant download it???????
Would love to use it.

I bought a 2015 in Sep17, contacted MB. It was $500 to get access to the online car info, definitely not worth it to me. My level2 charger provides enough online status for us.

-Woody

barsaec,

Hm, it is supposed to be included whether new or old. Many dealer assume you are asking for mbrace which is not what is needed to get basic info on your 2015 B class. Check out other posts for exactly what to ask for next time you are at dealer. It is not easy for them but definitely not appropriate to charge you a $500 fee for something that comes with the car.

JeffRay,

Thanks! I will poke around. I bought the car over internet from a Mercedes dealer. I'm in Texas, the car was in Los Angeles. My local dealer wanted $150 to get a new VCC. I will look again, but it was my understanding that MB changed their policy on used vehicles.

Happy New Year!

Oh, you bought used. Strange though that they would not want you connected to them. The primary use is to be able to monitor charging remotely, either at a commercial charger or if you forget your remaining range and need to check without having to go to car. I need it as more than a few times, it was supposed to be charging but it wasn't. Try to get it for free from the B Class product manager at MB central in NJ. I think I posted his nice letter to me on this forum.

Anyone else having access issues the last couple of days? Mine zonked out on Wednesday mid morning. I restarted my Android phone, no luck. I did not check the MB website.

Back