Distance Warning Settings

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosie158

:?: I have driven my '14 BED for the past 6 months and find it a major improvement over the '12 Leaf the I had for a while. One thing that is annoying is the "Distance Warning" beeping very time that I pass another vehicle. The user manual states that the warning should only occur when the speed differential is greater than 7 (??) mph. But sometimes I get the warning and other times not.

I had the car into the dealer this week for warranty work and asked him to change the default for the distance warning to unable. His reply was "Can't do it" . My questions are:
1) Does this beeping annoy other owners?
2) Has anyone asked their dealer to change the default setting to "Disabled" and if so, what was their response?
3) Has anyone found a way of changing the default setting on their own?

By the way, I had the "Pleasure" of driving a CLA as the loaner car for the few days. Boy, was I glad to get back into the B! The CLA felt like a rebadged Hyundai or worse. Noisey, cramped and the engine/trans set-up couldn't make up its mind what gear it wanted to go into. The car only had 8,000 miles on it and I couldn't wait to give it back.

Back