Radar Assisted Braking/Regeneration

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffRay

Hi all,

I am looking at leasing a 2017 that my local dealer just got in. It is the basic version with heated seats, rear camera, but does not have much else. I don't really care but what about no radar assisted regeneration and paddles? There must be some regeneration recovery, no? As if it was on Drive Auto? I am hoping to get slightly extended range but wouldn't want lack of this function to degrade the range. Am I overthinking this? Typical.

I personally find that the radar-assisted braking system works very nicely, but as you said, it is not a must-have. You still get regeneration when you hit the brakes. I think how fast you drive and ambient temp are probably bigger factors.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks Ralphy.

I am going to assume it there will be some but not the maximum as if I was operating the D- and D+ paddles. Waiting for lease quote on basic 2017. Ready to sign new lease in next 45 days.

In my experience the car regenerates just as well in D-, radar-based braking or when you depress the pedal brake. To me the biggest loss is the ability to coast in D+, this is when you really save energy, but I would not worry one bit about regeneration, you would soon learn how much to press the brake so the needle goes to max regen anyway.

Let us know what quote you are getting. Would be surprised if dealers in NY can be competitive to those in CA / OR for this model.

Drac,

For sure. Right now, the edge goes to a CA dealer looking to get rid of their leftover but they have not nudged on shipping or picking up my last two lease payments. This makes NY competitive if they come up with usual 10% discount but for lower feature car. There are a lot of cars on the west coast so if I don't get what I want now, I can wait a few months and watch inventory levels. Isn't the internet great for this?

Back