Battery Charging Question

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCCHA2

Why does it take an hour for the battery to begin charging from the time I plug it in. Is there anyway to fix this?

How are you judging when the charging starts? By notification from the car/verizon/email? Because the car should start charging about 5 seconds after plugging in. You hear a series of clicking sounds and it is very obvious. What EVSE are you using?

I was using a ChargePoint machine. It sent me notifications that my car was not drawing any electricity for about an hour before it finally started charging the battery.

If that only happened once, with one machine, it has nothing to do with your car -- it has to do with the Chargepoint. Does charging start immediately most of the time.

Agree with the esteemed wtzouris assessment. More likely a faulty charger but you should definitely check with other chargers and your supplied cord. I never leave my car until it starts charging. Of course, if at attended parking lot, can't do that. Chargepoint app useful as is the app for iphone or android (see other post).

Back