Some newbie questions

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

in2insight

Proud owner of a 17 250e, Lunar Blue, Pkg 2 plus all three safety options and smart phone pkg.

It's been a fun few days, with lots of questions. Many I've found answers for here (thanks!) some from MB customer care, and here are a few more.

1) Parktronic.
This is what the manual says. What is the / where is the "headliner in the rear compartment"?

The warning display for the front area is located
on the dashboard above the center air vents.
The warning display for the rear area is located
on the headliner in the rear compartment.

2) Can recycled air option stay on each time car is started? Right now it turns off each time the car is, and I need to press it before leaving. Not a big issue, but I forget and prefer not having a lung full of diesel exhaust.

3) Can car be put into Park automatically, and if so, how?

4) Can CarPlay be controlled using steering wheel controls?

5) Where is the sunglass holder shown in the manual? (I know, I know, it is gone)

6) First few charges, battery (on MB's EV "app") would stop at around 80%. Today it went up to 100% (did not push on Range Extender), normal breaking in period?

Thank you!

in2insight,

Welcome! You are off to a great start, including posting never before seen questions.

1-4, since I leased a "stripper", I don't have and can't help you. Others?

5. GlennD bought and installed one. See his post.

6. Keep an eye on this. A number of reasons it might stop besides car itself or charger. Check out your charging outlet. It should be dedicated and powerful enough. There is another post on charging issues by another new owner. If it recurs, then have dealer check out your car.

How is the drive? Zippy enough for you?

Thank you, JeffRay.

I did read about the aftermarket sunglass holder. Just think it's funny that the manual has a few of these "errors".

So far, the drive is great. Getting used to the "lazy response" at take off, but car handles well.
Blind spot assist is awesome. As is, what should be standard, the back up camera. Parktronic is a big mystery but the sensors are helpful when pulling into tight spots.

Cheers.

in2insight,

Yes, I read in one of the reviews that while the B250e and its predecessors have plenty of torque, MB like it does with all of its cars save the AMGs, likes to tune the initial acceleration to be gentle unlike other manufacturers. They will have to change at some point as their traditional customer base isn't getting any younger.

Is the lazy response a US thing? I don't notice any delay or lag in response in my UK model, I do notice a lack of traction, this car wheelspins a lot more than my i3 ever did.

Meet with the concierge today, and between his great knowledge, this forum and trial and error, have some answers that may help others.

1) Parktronic.
This is what the manual says. What is the / where is the "headliner in the rear compartment"?

A) While hard to see, it is on the back hatch below the light. I had to adjust the rearview mirror some to see it. Functions just like the one in front.

2) Can recycled air option stay on each time car is started? Right now it turns off each time the car is, and I need to press it before leaving. Not a big issue, but I forget and prefer not having a lung full of diesel exhaust.

A) Nope, has to be pressed each time the car starts.

3) Can car be put into Park automatically, and if so, how?

A) Nope.

4) Can CarPlay be controlled using steering wheel controls?

A) Nope.

5) Where is the sunglass holder shown in the manual? (I know, I know, it is gone)

A) Nope. I did order the one that will (hopefully) fit in the area where the driver Oh Crap handle is.

6) First few charges, battery (on MB's EV "app") would stop at around 80%. Today it went up to 100% (did not push on Range Extender), normal breaking in period?

A) Looks like it was break in period. Working as it should now.

Thanks.

As far as Parktronic, I do not have that option. I had it on my sGolf and I never used it. I have heard it works well but it is not for me. Forty plus years ago parallel parking on the company street at Ft Ord fully trained me.

Not sure what you mean by going into P mode automatically.
But I rarely put mine into "P" mode manually, I just take the key out and it goes into "P" mode.
Does that help?

MGarnett said:
Not sure what you mean by going into P mode automatically.
But I rarely put mine into "P" mode manually, I just take the key out and it goes into "P" mode.
Does that help?

Thanks, MGarnett.
I don't use the key, so that may be the difference.
When I push to the start / stop the car goes into neutral, and only when the door is opened does it go into park.

that is the way my car works. You can put it into park by pushing the button on the end of the shift stalk.

On my old car I roiled into the garage door the day I got the car. Mercedes gets a lot of money for the touch up paint.

$0.02
Be advised! If you power down your car (start/stop/power button) it does not go into PARK automatically (unlike the i3) and the car may roll on you.

Groshyubcha said:
$0.02
Be advised! If you power down your car (start/stop/power button) it does not go into PARK automatically (unlike the i3) and the car may roll on you.

Really? As soon as I turn my key to "off"; the car automatically goes into park. Perhaps this is only related to those B250e's that are equipped with keyless-go.

oilerlord said:
Groshyubcha said:
$0.02

Really? As soon as I turn my key to "off"; the car automatically goes into park. Perhaps this is only related to those B250e's that are equipped with keyless-go.

It does not go into park until the door opens. At that time the radio turns off and it goes into park.

oilerlord said:
Groshyubcha said:
$0.02

I am, indeed, using the keyless-go.
Will have to give it a try using the regular key.

Back