battery capacity

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LGM,

As far as we know, no one has done that modification. One needs to be a rocket scientist or at least an electrical engineer to even attempt it. Maybe GlennD has looked into this question. It is too bad that MB ended the B250e program as it is a nice sized full featured car rather than extend its range. One of the rumours is that the GLA might be turned electric and it seems to be only slightly larger and more streamlined. I could roll into that in 2020.

That is the plan in late 2019 when the current lease rolls off. This assumes we have choices and an ample supply of 200+ mile roomy electrics.

It has been a while since I posted. I had traded my B Class Electric for a 2014 Tesla Model S and regretted it from almost day #1. The poor fit and finish of the Model S along with the lack of modern amenities was too much to take. Just sold the Model S and bought a '16 250E. Yeah, the 200 (Almost) range of the Tesla was nice but its short comings on a day-to-day basis drove me back to MB. :lol:

I want a very basic 3 and the only option I want is the paint color, This puts me at the back of the line and I am thinking early 2020. I hope by that time they can iron out the quality issues. If not then I will pass.

Currently they are only selling loaded cars with the bigger battery and really not delivering them. Thy are just taking orders. . I do not need a bigger battery. The range of my B is just fine for me. If I wanted a junky car with longer range I would be driving a Bolt!

Rosie,

WELCOME BACK. Great to hear that you got yourself a new B250e. It really is a nicely outfitted car. I currently lease but have no doubt that when MB rolls out its electric line in 2019, I will return my leased 2017 and get myself a longer range MB for the fit and finish as well.

Enjoy the ride (again).

Back