Adding CarPlay to a 2015

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deastlake

Hi all,

I want to add CarPlay to my 2015 B250e.

My cars born on date is 12.2014.

From what I understand I can’t do factory CarPlay without replacing my radio equipment with something from a newer car. Are there other options?

Thanks!

My 2017 had car play and the wiring was completely different.from my 2014. It now had 2 usb ports and no old fashioned analog input.

You may have to change out the wiring harness as well.

I never use car play or Google but both of my cars support it.

It sounds like a lot of expense unless you can use a late wrecked car

I guess it is a generation thing. My Hyundai sales rep used it and showed it to me .

I really think the best route is a late wrecked car. In addition to the changed wiring the plastic is different, I really would not attempt this.

I've searched for information like this before for my 2014 BED and noticed some things similar to this linked product that claim to offer what you are looking for.

http://www.mercedesmedic.com/unlock-activate-mercedes-carplay-android-auto-comand-ntg5s1/

I make no guarantees about this product.

I based my recommendations on a unit with anakog inputs. It sounds like the 2015 has digital inputs.

My 2014 had analog inputs. My 2017 had digital inputs. Your 2915 ? Maybe you are lucky and the module will add Carplay.

Hello, my2015 built 3/15 has two USB ports. One of the ports makes my phone a media device for music but not Carplay. I'd like to try this upgrade.
Arthur

It sounds like you only need a firmware flash. I hope you find a knowledgeable dealer. This car is truly an orphan.

My Ioniq is another orphan. Oh well, So far I am happy with the car.

Back