CHAdeMO port for B-Class ED "JdeMO"

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyWilliams

We have opened up $1500 deposits for JdeMO for the B-Class ED / B250e

https://shop.quickchargepower.com/JdeMO-for-the-Mercedes-B-Class-ED-and-B250e-JdeMObclassED.htm

TonyWilliams said:
We started "monkeying around" with JdeMO for the B-Class ED today. I think it's going to be pretty straight forward.

Link to photo: http://s565.photobucket.com/user/To...s[user]=90066677&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Hi Tony,

I am considering buying a B-class in Portugal and I wonder if you where able to retrofit the fast charging solution into a B-Class, and if so is there a step by step tutorial for me to install one once I purchase my b-class?

best regards

Luis

As far as I know he has a number of installer in the US. I think Tony will install in Europe but you have install costs plus airfare.

Dangerous voltages are involved and it is not a DIY project for most people.

I installed Jdemo on my RAV4 EV with a friend (a HV trained Toyota mechanic). You just need a workshop with "High Voltage" expirience. With Tonys installation manual we fixed it in 1 1/2 hours.

Clemens from Austria

We have opened up $1500 deposits for JdeMO for the B-Class ED / B250e

https://shop.quickchargepower.com/JdeMO-for-the-Mercedes-B-Class-ED-and-B250e-JdeMObclassED.htm

I am happy to report that we performed the first DC fast charge on the 2014-2018 Mercedes B-Class ED / B250e.

We will be offering kits called “JdeMO” that allow your car to recharge in 30-45 minutes, using 18,000 public CHAdeMO station worldwide.

Specifications:

40kW charge rate
125 amps @ 354 volts maximum
124 miles added per hour charging
200 km added per hour charging

Available for shipping January 2019. Place to deposit here:

Testing is going well. I drove to a public fast charge station yesterday, with just 1 mile remaining.

Within 23 minutes, I had 44%.

We will pick up the P0 production hardware set from the waterjet company today, and send it to the fabrication shop.

The first ten production JdeMO v3.0 circuit boards for the Mercedes are in production (100 PCBs have already been received... this step is populating the boards with components).

I hope to have this hardware mounted on our company Mercedes by next week, however, the US national holiday of Thanksgiving will likely push that to the following week.

Dear Mercedes-Benz B-Class ED / B250e owner,

JdeMO will allow your car to recharge in 30-45 minutes (typically during a lunch or coffee stop), using over 22,600 fast charge stations worldwide. The same plug is used on EVERY continent (well, except Antarctica ;-)

We have updated our website to feature the purchase of JdeMO for the Mercedes-Benz B-Class ED / B250e. If you have already given us a deposit, we will be following up soon to finalize your purchase.

If you purchase now, you will be one of the first in your area to have this unique product.

Shipments begin in January 2019 for those who have already paid of have a deposit. NOTE: The website will show "backordered" until about March 2018, due to demand; it's OK to order!!!

If you are tired of driving your Mercedes with:

* Excessive charge times and wasted hours
* Being limited to a short range commuter car
* Having access to only slow charging at J1772 / Type 2 stations
* Tethered to your home or work charging location
* Prohibited from taking a road trip
* No charging choices

... then JdeMO may be for you! It will also increase the value of your vehicle, like it already has for both the Toyota RAV4 EV and the Tesla Roadster. Enjoy the freedom of fast charging now and know that you may recoup much of your investment when it's time to sell your car. It will probably make the car easier to sell, too!

JdeMO is easy to install for a professional mechanic / engineer / technician, and should also be relatively easy for most "back yard" auto hobbyist, too. We suggest that 2 to 4 hours should be all that is needed for a professional with High Voltage safety training for Electric Vehicles. We recommend a vehicle lift for the installation.

JdeMO uses over 22,600 CHAdeMO fast charge stations all over the world (with over 7900 in Europe, and over 2900 in North America). CHAdeMO is the one and only world standard, outnumbering its regional competitors by a substantial margin on EVERY continent that is competes. In addtion, CHAdeMO stations have the same plug on every continent. And finally, CHAdeMO is now approved at up to 400kW (however, virtually all stations are currently limited to 25kW, 50kW, or 100kW).

You can find charge stations using:

www.PlugShare.com (just filter for CHAdeMO only)

http://www.chademo.com/about-us/fast-charger-maps/

If you purchase now, you will be one of the first to receive your JdeMO kit when they start shipping in January 2019. Please make your purchase now at the following link, and don't forget to use your discount code as a thank you for being an early adopter of this valuable technology!

Here is a draft copy of the installation manual:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/731m41cy39dx3qp/JdeMOMercedesInstallationInstructionsDRAFT%201March2019.pdf?dl=0

Hello!
Can a member of the forum that as one of these installed give us an updated review? I'd like to hear how you like it. Also, how do the costs of fast charging compare to the lvl2 chargers?
Thanks
Arthur

Can a member of the forum that as one of these installed give us an updated review? I'd like to hear how you like it. Also, how do the costs of fast charging compare to the lvl2 chargers?
Thanks
Arthur

I don't have this kit on my B yet (I just bought it 2 days ago), BUT I do have a Chevy Bolt and I've travelled quite a bit on level 3 chargers over the last few months, and the Bolt has similar kW/h charging as this kit. So I thought I could chime in on this question.

Electrify America is who I mainly traveled with on our last trip, we went from Oklahoma to the North east US (4320 miles over 2.5 weeks) and we spent just under $150 in rapid charging. Here is the twist though, half way through the trip, electrify America made their app and subscription available and charging went from $0.35/min to $0.15/min. So the $4 monthly paid for itself in the first charging session, and if the whole trip had been on the new rate structure it would have been MUCH cheaper.

Also, we took advantage of any charging at hotels anytime we could. So that cost is not representive of the entire 4320 miles, but includes utilizing the benefits that we as EV users get.

I think the big interest in "real world customer" experiences is that many of us are interested even if because of the range of the B we need rapid chargers fairly close together if we wanted to try a real road trip.

Living in Maryland I have access to quite a few rapid chargers on major road ways so that I can get around in the area for weekend trips that are quite "far" for the B.. IF I have the JdeMO to make recharging quickly a thing.

Back