My baby just got new shoes

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good! Do you have a picture at ride height?

What wheels did you get with the B-Class originally?

Wow, that's looks great. Big improvement over the stock wheels, although I guess it stands out less as the strange, futuristic EV that it is!

Wheels look great-where did you get them? They look like the wheels on the GLA.

I bought the wheels online from a UK company that gets the wheels directly from Germany. They are OEM Mercedes wheels. Be careful with the sizing. The wheel size is very specific to this US model. Initially I thought I could get the OEM Mercedes wheels from a Euro-B class.

The sizing for the US B-class Electric Drive is the same as the new C-class series (W205):

17x7ET48.5

The exact part number for these wheels are: A20540102007X21

Yes. They are the original tires, "run-flats". I transferred the same tires with the new wheels.

joneng22 said:
I bought the wheels online from a UK company that gets the wheels directly from Germany. They are OEM Mercedes wheels. Be careful with the sizing. The wheel size is very specific to this US model. Initially I thought I could get the OEM Mercedes wheels from a Euro-B class.

The sizing for the US B-class Electric Drive is the same as the new C-class series (W205):

17x7ET48.5

Yes. They are the original tires, "run-flats". I transferred the same tires with the new wheels.

Thanks for providing the info.
Did your dealer (assuming they did the work) squawk about the wheels chosen at all?
Did you transfer the TPMS sensors, or have a new set installed?
I haven't ever owned a TPMS-equipped vehicle before and I wonder how much of an expense this would be.
I would plan to use one complete set of wheels/tires for winter and another for summer.

bcurious said:
I would plan to use one complete set of wheels/tires for winter and another for summer.
Why spend $1,000 for a set of wheels for a lease car? Just change over the tires each season. it is a good idea to rotate and balance tires twice a year any way.

bcurious said:
joneng22 said:

17x7ET48.5

Thanks for providing the info.
Did your dealer (assuming they did the work) squawk about the wheels chosen at all?
Did you transfer the TPMS sensors, or have a new set installed?
I haven't ever owned a TPMS-equipped vehicle before and I wonder how much of an expense this would be.

I had the wheels installed away from the dealer at an independent shop.

I had the original TPMS sensors transferred on the new wheels. Before they did the install, they did disclaim that the sensors maybe damaged in the process. They explained the TPMS sensors were not to "costly" to replace. Thankfully they did the install without damage.

Those wheels look great! I've been doing the same deep research you've been doing, and I've found several options from Europe as well. I really wanted the stock European B250 wheels. I know the offset is slightly higher at +52, but do you think they would still fit? Did your wheel shop offer any insight?

Thanks,
Steve L.

sendler2112 said:
bcurious said:
Why spend $1,000 for a set of wheels for a lease car? Just change over the tires each season. it is a good idea to rotate and balance tires twice a year any way.
That's a fair question.
$500 for tire swapping over a few years does represent a savings versus $1,000, but at the end of the period the extra wheel set also has a value.
Setting up an appointment for the swap and timing it correctly for a sudden storm and tire wear balancing is a consideration.
I'm very handy, and I own a floor jack, an impact wrench, and a torque wrench.
Perhaps the biggest reason for me would be one similar to that of the OP: aesthetic concerns.

stevepl said:
Those wheels look great! I've been doing the same deep research you've been doing, and I've found several options from Europe as well. I really wanted the stock European B250 wheels. I know the offset is slightly higher at +52, but do you think they would still fit? Did your wheel shop offer any insight?

Thanks,
Steve L.

Sorry. Don't know much about wheel measurements. I wanted to stay with OEM Mercedes wheels with the same measurements so I could keep the same tires. There are several other styles to choose from with the same measurement.

How much did these cost? Did you have them shipped from the UK or is is just a UK company with offices in the U.S.?

Looks just like the ones that I got for Beverly from TireRack. There are some differences, most notably that the center cap is 60mm and not 75mm.
BevShoes.jpg

Back