Secondary Market Seat Warmer for B Class without Heated Seats

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr250e

Hi,

Is any B-Class owner out there using a secondary market seat warmer? Here's a 12V model sold on Amazon for illustration: https://www.amazon.com/Big-Ant-Cushion-Nonslip-Cushions/dp/B07H4P53QR/ref=pd_bxgy_img_3/131-0598809-5917513?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07H4P53QR&pd_rd_r=bb733a5f-7683-452b-a176-4801372a88aa&pd_rd_w=C5UH2&pd_rd_wg=85rz7&pf_rd_p=479b6a22-70ae-47a0-9700-731033f96ce8&pf_rd_r=XP8WHDXAGY10N175RRWJ&psc=1&refRID=XP8WHDXAGY10N175RRWJ.

Cold weather is coming and I would like to know what you have found useful, how much you like it, and whether it greatly affects range if you use it while driving, Presumably, I would just use it temporarily while the vehicle is plugged in to the charging unit (which wouldn't affect range), but having as much information as possible when making a purchase decision would be helpful.

Also, if you have any thoughts on a secondary market heated steering wheel cover, that would also be appreciated.

Thank you!

Hi there,

Yes, I have used rear seat warmers from Amazon. They work fine but they do drain the 12V battery which forces main battery to recharge it. I bought the dual seats which has one plug for the lighter socket but has individual high/low/off controls for each seat. The main problem is I have not found one that attaches the seat bottom so it does gets scrunched up. The back secures to the headrest and you can secure the rear of the seat cushion to the car seat latches but nowhere to secure the front of the seat cushion. Aha, maybe I will try velcro this winter!

Mine has lasted two seasons now. When it gets really cold and my range drops to 60 miles, I usually plug the seats into my portable battery/compressor/aka portable battery.

Back