Changing headlights

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woosty

Hi all, is it at all worth changing the headlights on the the electric b class or are they halogen and so LED would be the only route?

Cheers

Woosty,

Not sure you can but I don't have one of those exploded parts diagrams. All I know is when I had to replace a damaged drivers side lamp, the replacement was one unit including bulbs.

I don't recall anyone having posted that they had made the mod you suggested.

Good luck.

I think the base lights are halogens? I don't believe those drop-in LED bulbs produce the right beam pattern despite the "reviews". But I'm just jaded from being blinded by lifted pickup trucks w/ those "drop in LED lights" ;)

For the HIDs, depending on the bulb type - there are those extra vision / cool blue bulbs from Philips/Osram that might provide additional lumens or higher Ks more LED like colors if that's what you are after.

Did you make any changes? I might change my halogen bulbs if I can sit new ones properly. I see some OEM W246 LED lights but hard to know if it's the entire unit or if it's plug and play. Also they're really expensive.

Back