New Wheels arrived today!! (pics)

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stu1021

Optional 2015 C Class 18" rims with Continental Contacts. So much smoother and quieter - and don't look bad either! I really like the gunmetal color of the inside of the rims and spokes - goes well with the mountain grey.

cx-XH9UFDkKfrIJf2e9kDKHXF7ViZgJ23GPLrsA7nek=w368-h207-p-no
JRaGDOSOmNdoA1DCIiZ9vYqE9PijPh2T-jTD9E7k6C0=w368-h207-p-no

15%2B-%2B1

stu, these look amazing!

have you noticed any decline or even improvement in driving distance?

did you swap out the tire entirely? or just the rims? whats the best resource to grab these? love the look, one of the worst things about the stock car is the rims.

thanks!

I haven't driven long enough on them to know about the economy but my commute this morning was the usual 35 miles at 3.2 mpkWh.
Gone is the "buzz" I used to notice at highway speeds with the Michelins. Also, expansion joints are more of a dull thump now instead of the hard staccato I was used to. Playing around with it last night the car feels more sure footed - especially in hard cornering and acceleration.
The wheels are:
Front: 18x7.5, et44
Rear: 18x8.5, et 56

Tires Continental Pro Contact SSR:
Front: 225/45/18
Rear: 245/40/18

The fronts are the exact fitment listed in the owner's manual for the optional 18" wheels with the rears being an inch wider. I have owned 3 e classes previously and have had good luck finding guys that specialize in re-selling take offs from new vehicles when the owners don't like the original wheels/tires. I was able to get the wheels and tires with center caps and TPMS sensors in place for $1500. They look absolutely brand new. I will probably run the originals for 3-4 months in the winter when the salt is on the road. Since I have 18K miles/year on the lease and commute 70 miles round trip each day I probably would have been buying tires at some point and I would rather bite the bullet now and enjoy the looks and the ride.

STU1021 you seem to know your stuff, I am looking for a set of original spec OEM wheels. so 17 x 7 and 48.5 mm offset. What is the BOLT pattern for this car? Anyway, I would buy any style as long as the specs were correct.

I would even buy the exact A20540121007X45 style.

Any ideas for me?

The bolt pattern is 5X112. Keep in mind that a millimeter one way or another on the offset is not a big deal. You can easily find 17"after market wheels in that bolt pattern. I am curious why you would want to buy the factory standard wheels? How much are you looking to pay?

I am having a hard time putting together the specs and finding a compatible wheel. I actually like the OEM wheels -- I guess I would pay 250-300 per wheel? Not sure. Are you are saying:

17 x 7
48.5 mm offset
5 bolt by 112mm spacing
Backspace?

Anything else I need to know?

Do you have a recommended wheel dealer and what do I need to know about TPMS transmitters? I want to install a set of Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 tires Run-Flat

T428666 225/50R17 94 R Run Flat $261

https://www.tiresbyweb.com/p-11093-nokian-hakkapeliitta-r2-tires.aspx

As the manual states - the size you are looking for is:

7 J x 17 H2 ET 48.5

Bolt pattern is: 5 X 112

You can search by application on tire rack and others - the application charts on the larger sites generally seem to have our vehicle loaded now.

Again, a millimeter higher or lower in offset will not make a noticeable difference.
Also, a 7.5 wide wheel with an offset of 44 will work as well.

The TPMS system is easy to reset from the dash display and then it will "learn" your new, Mercedes compatible sensors (or your old sensors in new locations) quickly after you drive a few miles.

wtzouris,

I will have 4 of the original wheels to sell from my B-Class in a few months. I want to buy new wheels and reselling the old ones is something that has been holding me back a bit from seriously considering buying new wheels. Let me know if you're still interested and we can work something out.

Hi madcow I found a set of OEM wheels from another member in this group and am all set. Thanks for reaching out I appreciate it.

I'm looking to sell my nearly brand new (400 miles on them) OEM wheels and rims...

I want to change the look to something different since I am trying to remove the obvious EV look of the car (removing the letters on the rear, etc)

The car is invisible to the world as an EV, even as is. I rarely get asked about it. I think most people think it is a B250 from Quebec.

Hi, new to the forum. Just bought a 2015 with 10k miles and will get it this week. I have had a Leaf for 1 year and have a Tesla 3 on order!!!

Are you still happy with the wheels and tires? Any loss of range with the wider rear tires?
Mine is also Mt gray and they look nice on your B. I am thinking on buying a set I found with 9k miles on them.

Thanks

Yes, I have 30K miles on them now and will be thinking about replacing the front tires soon. The rear ones barely show any wear so one obvious disadvantage is not being able to rotate front to back but I am used to that from my E55. I worried that I would lose range due to the profile change but have not seen any discernible difference. Overall very happy with the decision.

Nice, I pick them up tomorrow and my B gets here at the end of the week!
Probably have to buy the front tires twice as often as the rears :D

My 2014 has the same tires front and rear. Mercedes just rotated them for free as the first rotation. I think it was front to rear on each side.

I assume you used the TPMS that came on your new wheels with no problem?
So C class use similar sensors as B class?

Thanks

Yes the sensors are the same as the C-Class. SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM FOR Part Numbers (Mercedes OEM and Schraeder/AutoZone)

Mercedes B-Class Electric Drive - 17" Wheels

I had my work done at:

Tire Warehouse
5 Warehouse Lane
Elmsford, NY 10523
914-592-4900

Wiper Blades:

https://www.wipertech.com.au/2012-current-mercedes-benz-b-class-w246-wipers

W246 is the model 2011 - Present

Wiper Blades:
Driver’s Side 26" (650mm) Bosch 26OE
Passenger Side 19” (475-480mm) Bosch 19OE

Rear 11”/275mm
H261 3 397 011 676
Bosch 2468201045 A2468201045 3397011676 H261 B-Class
BOSCH 3 397 011 676
BOSCH H 261
MERCEDES-BENZ 246 820 10 45
MERCEDES-BENZ A 246 820 10 45

The tires sizing for the US B-class Electric Drive is the same as the new C-class series (W205):

17x7ET48.5

The exact part number for these wheels are: A20540102007X21

TPMS: Schrader
http://www.schraderinternational.com/~/media/Schrader/Files/Document%20Library%20PDFs/North%20America/Schrader%20TPMS%202015_Catalog_10-20-14.ashx
http://www.autozone.com/1/products/1884478-tire-pressure-monitoring-sensor-schrader-20213.html
OE Sensor: Mercedes-Benz - A0009050030
Sensor. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 20213

MERCEDES 4 wheel “Kit” is $322. - 4 TPMS sensors with stems

As the manual states - the size you are looking for is:

7 J x 17 H2 ET 48.5

Bolt pattern is: 5 X 112

Again, a millimeter higher or lower in offset will not make a noticeable difference.
Also, a 7.5 wide wheel with an offset of 44 will work as well.

The TPMS system is easy to reset from the dash display and then it will "learn" your new, Mercedes compatible sensors (or your old sensors in new locations) quickly after you drive a few miles.

Back