B Class Parts

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlennD

I was lightly rearended on my 2014 B Class. As a limited production car, the parts must come from the factory in Germany. With luck i will get it back next week. I guess that is what a limited production car means. The Estimate is 3k plus.

I can live with the delay. Fix auto did a good job on my 2012 Leaf, I hope they do a good job on my B class.

Really? The gas version of the B is sold in Canada. I guess the parts are not the same.

JeffRay said:
Really? The gas version of the B is sold in Canada. I guess the parts are not the same.

They must not be. I got a call from the body shop that almost everything was in and I should get my car back this week 3K plus minus the deductible. I would rather State Farm went after the other insurance company. Eventually I will get my deductible back.

I have a Hundi Accent for a loaner. It is miles ahead of the Chevete I had years ago. For a tiny car it is not bad and at the insurance rate of 17.20 per day it will take a long time to eat up my $600 allowance.

Horrors, I have to put gas into it! IT WILL BE NICE TO GET BACK MY B.

Well as usual, I now have a 3900 dollar repair and I get the car back next Tuesday. If I did not have a loaner I would be pissed off!

GlennD said:
Well as usual, I now have a 3900 dollar repair and I get the car back next Tuesday. If I did not have a loaner I would be pissed off!

Just curious, were you in "D" or "D-" mode driving in stop-n-go traffic when you were rear ended? Same thing happened to me and I suspect the strong regen braking without turning on the braking light may have been a factor. In my case, the other driver's insurance covered all repair cost.

evnewbie said:
GlennD said:

Just curious, were you in "D" or "D-" mode driving in stop-n-go traffic when you were rear ended? Same thing happened to me and I suspect the strong regen braking without turning on the braking light may have been a factor. In my case, the other driver's insurance covered all repair cost.

I do not have paddles on my 2014. I was coming into a signal a little fast but with the radar warning I stopped short of hitting the car in front of me. I was still stopped when the light changed. The girl behind me started as soon as the light turned green, not when it was safe. At that point her only real recourse would be to honk her horn.

Well, I now have my B back. What a change from the very light Accent. The change from the Leaf was not as abrupt since they are both heavy cars. For sure, the B has more class and more bells and whistles.

Fit Auto did a great job. I will have to go back in late November for the back ordered chrome strip under the bumper. For now the old one with a couple of divots will do. It seems that everything for this car has to come from Germany.

The only problem is that since they replaced the bumper cover I had to send back my car pool stickers for new ones.

So today I got the last part installed. The part ordered under my VIN did not have the chrome strip under the rear bumper or any place for it. I looked at a photo of a 2015 B and the area under the bumper is now all black plastic. Fix was spazing out but I told them the part without the chrome was OK.

My feeling is that since they received two identical parts that it subs to the 2015 part with no chrome trim strip. It works for me since I do not care about the chrome strip.

GlennD,

You seem a reasonable fellow. "A shame I have to kill you.", Mandy Patakin from A Princess Bride.

Glad you are okay and you have your baby back. Good to know all parts have to come from Germany. I know I had to wait a few days because my dealer did not stock the run flats. Who knows where they were shipped from.

JeffRay said:
GlennD,

You seem a reasonable fellow. "A shame I have to kill you.", Mandy Patakin from A Princess Bride.

Glad you are okay and you have your baby back. Good to know all parts have to come from Germany. I know I had to wait a few days because my dealer did not stock the run flats. Who knows where they were shipped from.

It seems like the Mercedes parts provider ordered at least one spare since they quickly got in the same spare part. I really do not miss the chrome. I am a person that would be happy with all black trim but that is mot the Mercedes way.

I have a 2014 White B-class which was rear-ended by a truck a couple of weeks ago. The body shop is mystified and has no idea how to estimate repairs because the model does not appear anywhere in their software's pick list. I imagine I am in for a long, frustrating wait. Dropping it off tomorrow for who knows how long.

When my B was rear ended with minor damage it took three weeks. The parts were OEM and they were shipped from Germany. I wrecked the car and it was totaled by State Farm so no parts were ordered. I loved my B but I had an accident at property tax season. I replaced it with an eGolf as the next best thing. SO FAR I LOVE THE VW.

Fix Auto found my parts by the vin number, The lower trim was from a later car and it was no longer chrome plated. They wanted to try again but I said use what Mercedes supplied. It looked fine and I really did not care. The overall job looked flawless so I was happy.

I backed into a tree last Sunday and dented the top of the rear hatch and shattered the window. With the exception of the window, I didn't;t think that it was too big of a deal. BUT, when I took it to the body shop (one that I have used for many years and trust), he came up with an estimate of $5.5K!!!! And, the insurance adjuster agreed with the estimate.

To add insult to injury, the shop can't pop-out the dent and needs to replace the hatch. Between the hatch and the window, there's $3,500 in parts. The shop said that parts availability shouldn't be a problem - we shall see.

I have been driving my GLK350 around for the week and sorely miss the B Electric!

Rosie,

Sorry to hear about your accident. That was some dent! I hope that when you say the adjuster agreed, that it means they will cover the repair less the deductible. Be sure to check the frame and the battery pan to see if anything got jarred. From other posts, the parts may have to be sourced from Germany which likely contributed to the high cost. Let us know how this ends up if you dont mind. Thank you.

Rosie158 said:
I backed into a tree last Sunday and dented the top of the rear hatch and shattered the window. With the exception of the window, I didn't;t think that it was too big of a deal. BUT, when I took it to the body shop (one that I have used for many years and trust), he came up with an estimate of $5.5K!!!! And, the insurance adjuster agreed with the estimate.

To add insult to injury, the shop can't pop-out the dent and needs to replace the hatch. Between the hatch and the window, there's $3,500 in parts. The shop said that parts availability shouldn't be a problem - we shall see.

I have been driving my GLK350 around for the week and sorely miss the B Electric!

Good luck., Fix Auto Body's software recognized my vin and they did a good job. I have no idea what they are using on their computers. I had a dent person do my Tribeca. It was OK but you could still see the dent. I think replacenig the whole thing is a good idea. The Fix Auto paint matching was perfect. Good luck some of the painters are artists!

I had a GLB500 as a loaner. My neighbor liked it but it was too large for me. Caliber Motors did a fine repair job for me. Since I purchased it in Long Beach I have no quibbles.

Parts will not be in until late March. Hope the battery will still get me home after sitting in the body shop's outdoor lot for a month.

I wonder why they can't just source the parts from Canada since the B-Class is sold there..

Back