Disabling engine sound generator

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lgiachetti

Has anyone figured out a way to disable the sound generator?

From the manual:
The vehicle is equipped with a sound generator. At low speeds, an electric vehicle makes less noise than a vehicle with a combustion engine. The sound generator is activated so that other road users can hear your vehicle better. The sound generator is activated at speeds of under 20 mph (30 km/h) and switches off automatically at higher speeds.

Not yet. I feel conflicted on this issue. The sound generator is noticeable in the cabin which annoys me. I don't want that on there. At the same time I'd feel really bad if we ended up hitting a pedestrian because they couldn't hear our car even if it was technically "their fault".

I live in NYC and without the weird sound, no one would know I am coming, definitely safer with it. I also don't hear it as my kids usually want me to play Today's Hits. If you like peace and quiet, I hear you but it does go away when you are up to speed, no?

JeffRay said:
I live in NYC and without the weird sound, no one would know I am coming, definitely safer with it. I also don't hear it as my kids usually want me to play Today's Hits. If you like peace and quiet, I hear you but it does go away when you are up to speed, no?
Yes it is only on during low speeds.

Yes good generator, everyone can purchase a good generator and they will be able to use it very easily. Now many company provides this type of generator. Powerlanddepot is also very popular in USA. The other very good thing about them is that they are extremely safe.

Back