40A OpenEVSE with RTC for sale

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlennD

For sale a L1 12A and L2 40A OpenEVSE with real time clock. This will allow the B to charge late at night when the rates are cheaper.

This unit consists of a DIY ver 2 main board, Power supply, 80A rated relay, multi function meter with KWH, blue display board, and a RGB led display board. It has a 40A range power cable with a molded 14-50 plug. The J1772 cable that is from Quick Charge Power and it is twenty feet long. It is shown charging my eGolf.

Version 3 firmware is loasded

This can be a 32A or 40A EVSE. It can also be used on any J1772 car. Tony Williams recommends wiring the 14-50 receptacle as a 50A one although 40A is allowed since there is no 40A parts. For 50A the lines should be #6 and the ground and nuetral can be #8. The nuetral is not used and if you mark the receptacle EVSE only it can be left out. It really only adds a small amount and then you have a standard recepticle. The breaker should be 50A for a 50A circuit and 40A for a 40A circuit.

I have a female 14-50 wired for 50A that I used for my 40AS Mercedes B EV. The same EVSE charges my eGolf just fine at 30A. The Quick Charge cable is very small since it uses paired L lines, much smaller than a normal 30A cable. In fact Quick Charge no longer sells 30A cables.

I am selling this for $350 plus $25 for shipping. Local pickup near Disneyland is available. This is working but it is sold ASIS. Local testing is available and encouraged. The price is low since I build them as a hobby in my retirement to keep busy and I sell at near my cost.

Payment is cash for local pickup or Paypal if I ship the unit.

Back