Audio aux-in

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mddg

My 2017 B250e doesn't have the 3.5mm aux-in port. I used this with an XM radio on my previous 2014 B-class, and I would like to find a solution to connect this. The 2017 has a USB connection for USB drives, but I don't think there's a good way to use those. Bluetooth is another way, so I tried an Aluratek Bluetooth transceiver, but I couldn't get it to pair properly. The XM radio can also transmit FM, but I suspect the sound quality won't be great with that.

mddg, back in the day I had an early version of the XM radio device. Yes, aux in is best. I would have thought usb would be next best, then tie between bluetooth and fm radio. I had good sound with fm in so long as there was no local station broadcasting near fm frequency to interfere. It wont likely be HD quality though.

So, IMHO, keep looking for aux in to usb connectors and see if that works. Good luck.

Thanks. I'm guessing the USB in is for USB drives, so a streaming input like an XM radio won't provide that. If the USB dongle is sophisticated, it could do something, but I'm not sure that exists.

My new car did not come with an audio jack kike my old one. It now has two usb ports there. One of them is labeled for carplay acceptance.

SO IT NO LONGER HAS ANALOG INPUTS. there is a SD card slot in the dash and 2 usb ports in the center console. They are all digital.

Back