Sunglass holder

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlennD

It looks like the B is not the only current car with no holder. I did an Amazon search and I discovered a Mercedes specific holder. I ordered one and it should be here on wednesday.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HI2R0LO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1#

Well GlennD, I will keep mine on top of my head until you report back as to utility of this find. Fingers crossed.

Yes, we will see. It was not that expensive and with Amazon's good return policy if it does not work I will return it.

The last time I asked for a return they told me to just keep the item. I think on cheap items the return is not worth it to them. Of course I do buy a lot from Amazon.

You're right - no sunglass holder on the 2017 B250e (the 2017 CLA and the 2014 B-class has it on the mirror). The 2014 also had the flip-down seat pockets that flipped down at the front of the seat that were supposed to be used for that too. I never used any of them because I would probably forget the sunglasses were in there anyway.

I poked around today in the 2017 model, and I'm not sure, but the side door compartment looks different - deeper. There are two deep "pockets" of hard plastic toward the rear of it, and one of them could be useful for sunglasses.

My 2014 leased in January of 2015 had the fold down seat backs, internal sunglass holder and nets. It is certainly they cheapened it later.

My 2014 (totaled) had a sunglasses holder, and my 2016 does as well. I have prescription sunglasses and I use the holder all the time. It's a shame if it's been taken out of the 2017. I wonder if it's part of a trim package.

Well I received the holder with no instructions. It is well made but it will not fit the 2017 B. It kooks like it is designed to fit into some holes that do not exist on the B. I dropped in off at the post office yesterday and I already received credit. Amazon is fast, it looks like credit is issued upon scan.

Well I looked on eBay. A 2015 CLA looked the same so with shipping and tax it was just over one hundred dollars. Everything looks exactly the same but we will see. It was from a wrecked car.

GlennD,

So it did not fit into the driver side roof handle bar? It seemed like it replaces the relatively useless handle. Too bad.

Maybe it did but with no instructions I will never know. It just might fit that though I never thought about that. In any event the CLA console looks like an exact fit per the photos. I will see next week when it arrives. I think the B250E was assembled with off the shelf parts.http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-MERCEDES-CLA250-Front-Roof-Console-Black-OEM-Autogator/122583692678?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Well UPS says it will be delivered today. I usually get deliveries around 6PM so it sounds like a project for later this week.

Well I replaced it and it seems to work fine. The old had slightly newer firmware. but no sunglass holder.

I did a google search of removing the unit and it really helps. There is a concealed latch.

The replacement had the same hardware revision (12/26.00) but the software version was slightly older It works fine and both started with 14 so I am happy.. I suppose I could do a board transplant but why, it works!

If there is ever a dealer question once you know what you are doing it is simple to change out. The photos really helped. The latches had scrape marks so the dealer most likely forced it.

After looking at the photos I was mistaken. From the sellers photos the software is exactly the same. The others listed on eBay are lightly cheaper but the listed firmware is different. I do not know if it makes a difference but mine works fine.

GlennD,

Nice job. Best to stick with same firmware. That being said, having compromised by leasing basic B, will follow my practice of not investing in a rental car. At least for now.

It was a $100 gamble vs a $20 maybe fits sunglass holder. I may change it out at lease end but that is three years in the future. The books all show that the car has the sunglass holder and the fold down trays.II could care less about the trays but I want the sunglass holder the meantime I put the original and the removed rear headrests in a box for lease return. For sure I am not keeping the car since I will be 72 at lease end. I just might go Uber. I really do not want to be like the Santa Monica man.

Yep, at some point, car share will be thing, maybe driver less at some point.

For me, while I own two and lease one, my primary daily car is the B250e. The wagon is for longer trips and is ten years old. One of these days, I will take best offer. The roadster will just keep rolling until it only good for parts. Then I will be down to one, Uber, or car share.

The car is now just the way I like it. I have just about finished a hole less ham install. These days I will finish it soon.

I recently heard a light bulb joke. "how many retired people does it take to change a light bulb? Just one but it takes all day."

Many of my friends are checking into the retirement hotel. I figure I have one more gig before I do that as well. Four years behind you GlennD.

I used to have the work till you drop retirement plan. Then I went to work for the City of Long Beach. I put in 16 years there and then I retired. I retired at 65. With both Calpiers (2.3K and ssn (2.1K I survive quite nicely. I could not live on either but combined I live quite nicely. When I was working I made 76K. In retirement last year I made 60K. In truth I make more in retirement than when I was working. With no deductions I make a few hundred more.

Calpiers was 8% and we paid 2%. With pressure from the citizens they upped it to the full amount. At the same time they gave us a 6% raise. Since calpiers came out of untaxed income the increase was invisible until I retired. Then it upped my final salary.

Back