Mobile App for Setting Climate Control

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heikospallek

I have problems with the mobile app to set the climate control. More often than not it is not syncing despite perfect Internet connection and trying it on different devices. See screenshots. Anyone know if MB plans to bring this app out of the beta stage? Or, did anyone find an alternative on how to set the climate control prior to departure to warm up the battery and the cabin?

ED-1.jpg
ED-2.jpg

heikospallek said:
I have problems with the mobile app to set the climate control. More often than not it is not syncing despite perfect Internet connection and trying it on different devices. See screenshots. Anyone know if MB plans to bring this app out of the beta stage? Or, did anyone find an alternative on how to set the climate control prior to departure to warm up the battery and the cabin?

ED-1.jpg
ED-2.jpg

Try logging off and then logging back in. When you click on the climate control section, click on "use climate control now". It should set the time 10 minute ahead of the current time. You should notice a yellow/amber light lit on the climate control button in the car. If there is a red light next to the yellow/amber light on the same button, then the heat should be on. Please note, the heat doesn't appear to be on because all the other lights remain off, however you could feel the hot air blowing from the vents.

joneng22 said:
heikospallek said:

ED-1.jpg
ED-2.jpg

Try logging off and then logging back in. When you click on the climate control section, click on "use climate control now". It should set the time 10 minute ahead of the current time. You should notice a yellow/amber light lit on the climate control button in the car. If there is a red light next to the yellow/amber light on the same button, then the heat should be on. Please note, the heat doesn't appear to be on because all the other lights remain off, however you could feel the hot air blowing from the vents.

That helped and after logout and login I got it to work again. Maybe they should abandon the checkbox "Stay logged in for 30 days" if they cannot pull it off. thanks for the hint!

BTW: Have you ever managed to do it via the dashboard menu. I tried to follow the instructions, but the menu items do not match what you see.

heikospallek said:
joneng22 said:
heikospallek said:

ED-1.jpg
ED-2.jpg

That helped and after logout and login I got it to work again. Maybe they should abandon the checkbox "Stay logged in for 30 days" if they cannot pull it off. thanks for the hint!

BTW: Have you ever managed to do it via the dashboard menu. I tried to follow the instructions, but the menu items do not match what you see.

Never tried it on the dashboard menu. I think there is a setting if you want it set for the same time everyday.

joneng22 said:
Never tried it on the dashboard menu. I think there is a setting if you want it set for the same time everyday.
Yep, I know. I can determine the time presets (there are 3 presets), but it seems impossible to activate any of them.

JupiterRed said:
Got the remote warming to work using the "Use climate control now" button in the app.
Where is that button? I only have "Climate control" and can "Set departure time" and "Deactivate"

Another way to get the car to sync is to select "Climate Control" -> "Use Climate Control Now". If you had recently logged in and it wasn't in sync, this will (it seems) attempt to connect to the car, and the Home button will revert to a login.

The benefit to this way, is although you get back to a Login screen, you do not have to re-enter your credentials, just touch the "Login" button, and the app will sync right after it logs in, and you'll see that the Climate control is still off at that point. Touch it again, and you can indeed turn it on.

Unfortunately going back to the full login screen it can be very difficult to actually type in that very small entry field. It also doesn't support copy/paste, so if you have a difficult password or userid that's easier to copy, you're out of luck. Make sure once you do get your login typed in to set the 30 day checkbox. That way the work-around above will work, without you having to retype login info.

rdavis0521 said:
Another way to get the car to sync is to select "Climate Control" -> "Use Climate Control Now".
Thanks for taking the time to share. I am still confused--feeling like I am in the wrong movie. I do not have this button. See screenshots:

IMG_7926.jpg

IMG_7927.jpg

Yours says "Deactivate" instead because (1) you've set a departure time, and (2) you've enabled the climate control at that time.

In your case, you might simply try deactivating, and see if that makes the same thing happen with respect to the sync without re-logging in completely.

In my case, I haven't set a departure time, so, my bottom button says "Use climate control now"

rdavis0521 said:
Yours says "Deactivate" instead because (1) you've set a departure time, and (2) you've enabled the climate control at that time.

In your case, you might simply try deactivating, and see if that makes the same thing happen with respect to the sync without re-logging in completely.

In my case, I haven't set a departure time, so, my bottom button says "Use climate control now"
Thanks! As others pointed out, MB needs to work on the app.

You're not kidding. I sent in a 3 page list of bugs/sugs and issues. I've seen nothing (visible) change in 6 months, other than it doesn't work on Chrome now, which is a new behavior.

rdavis0521 said:

You're not kidding. I sent in a 3 page list of bugs/sugs and issues. I've seen nothing (visible) change in 6 months, other than it doesn't work on Chrome now, which is a new behavior.

Yes, I noticed the Chrome issue as well. We are going downhill instead of improving. But, the mbrace set the standard with the "Done" button in the left lower corner. I did an informal usability study with about 8 people at random: EVERYONE points the finger to the right lower corner after entering the PIN and then hesitates to search for the button to commit. No fancy eye-tracking devices needed to figure that this is mis-designed.

You can just use the cursor on the steering wheel to get to ECell settings and pick departure time for preconditioning. Works just fine and easy to use when you park the car for the night- without having to rely on the app or mbrace.

Press the deactivate button. Then you will see the option which will read "Use Climate Control Now". Your app thinks you have something set on the car.

Useful post thanks all. I live in NYC and park overnight on street. Will try to set it to warm up using car controls given reported issues with app.

This may be a silly question, but where are you getting this ev-app from? Is it in the Android market or is this a webpage. The only app I can find is the MBrace app and my dealer is a bit clueless. Any links or help would be appreciated. Thanks everyone!

The app is a web app. You originally connect your web browser to http://mybclass.mbusa.com which will ultimately redirect to a different URL. You will have the option to save to
iPhone desktop.

Back