White stickers don't really go well

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferdball

IMAGE_321.jpg

EV-TOU2-Summer.png

$.16 per kWh
2.5 Miles per kWh
Equals about 15.6 Miles per Dollar

Compare that to 4.7 Miles per Dollar for the Pilot that it replaces.
Edit: Don't get me started on the benefits of Solar.

Ferdball said:
IMAGE_199.png

If you were wondering, it sounds like a library at 60 MPH.

I was thinking the same thing...maybe even a closed library! (And it's nice to see an entry backed up with objective data, presented in the form of objective evidence.)

IMG_0526.JPG

Here's evidence of my range issue. It seems to getting better though. I don't go all the way to a dead battery often, but I got in the 70's the last two times.

Ferdball said:
I hate those stickers. Do they have to be so big and oddly shaped and plastered over all sides of the car?!?!?!? But I'm still going to get them. This was my primary reason for choosing white. I wonder how much trouble I get in if I used the HOV lane but didn't have them actually on the car but in the glove box because I was "just about to put them on"? ;)

BCKator said:
I wonder how much trouble I get in if I used the HOV lane but didn't have them actually on the car but in the glove box because I was "just about to put them on"? ;)

I've done that with all six EV's that I've owned. I never installed them once, but they were always paid for and waiting in the glove box.

I got a speeding ticket, in the HOV lane, alone, and the guy never even asked about the lack of stickers on the Rav4 EV.

Capture-2500.PNG

If you're wondering how long it takes to get your well-deserved $2500, its best to forget about it and just hope for a big Christmas gift.

It can be an instant ticket, depending on the whim of the officer! They MUST be on the vehicle or you are considered to be in the car pool lane illegally and it is a big fine! A friend of mine did it with his Volt, got ticketed by the CHP, and the judge refused to dismiss it. With fees, it cost him $746! So, it boils down to whether or not you are feeling lucky...

BCKator said:
I wonder how much trouble I get in if I used the HOV lane but didn't have them actually on the car but in the glove box because I was "just about to put them on"? ;)

Ferdball said:
IMG_0526.JPG

Here's evidence of my range issue. It seems to getting better though. I don't go all the way to a dead battery often, but I got in the 70's the last two times.

How can I get to this screen on my b-class? Thanks.

venus9 said:
Ferdball said:
IMG_0526.JPG

How can I get to this screen on my b-class? Thanks.
Left steering wheel, up or down button.

Yep, if the CHP stops you, you'll get a ticket the same as if you didn't have them at all. A friend did that on his PiP and got stopped and ticketed. He went to court and the judge refused to dismiss it.
And it is an expensive ticket... $812 in the case of my friend...

BCKator said:
I hate those stickers. Do they have to be so big and oddly shaped and plastered over all sides of the car?!?!?!? But I'm still going to get them. This was my primary reason for choosing white. I wonder how much trouble I get in if I used the HOV lane but didn't have them actually on the car but in the glove box because I was "just about to put them on"? ;)

Ferdball said:
Capture-2500.PNG

If you're wondering how long it takes to get your well-deserved $2500, its best to forget about it and just hope for a big Christmas gift.
Received today, after almost three full months.

Like the folks in CA posted, the Clean Pass program in NY has unattractive white stickers. On my black Be to make matters worst, you are required to put four stickers on, front, back and one on each side. Yuck.

Benefit is you are allowed on HOV lane as single which saved me Friday from a potential range anxiety attack as I slid into charging station with 6 miles left on 34 mile trip. If in non-HOV lane, would have been close. Saved me up to 15 minutes on that trip.

Benefit?: Without stickers, nobody knows this is an electric car unless they ask. With it two people have stopped me to ask about it.

So they are ugly but clearly visible.

You should have got a white B. My stickers do not stand out.

actually doesn't look bad. Can you post another picture, showing the other stickers, perhaps a bit further back. I have a white car, but still haven't put on my stickers. Would love to see the complete sticker setup on yours.

Back