B-Class Question

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fkrull

I am considering leasing a B-Class Electric Drive this month and wanted to know the following from someone who actually owns the car, since the dealership couldn't give me an answer:
1. What is the length of the 110v charging cable that comes with the car? I want to make sure it reaches the electric outlet in my garage.
2. Does it come with a cargo net?
Thank you!

The EVSE cable that comes with it is a 21 foot coiled cable.

http://www.mybclasselectricdrive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=174&p=802&hilit=coiled#p802

The trunk has pullout cover like a roller shade. It slides in a groove and gets tucked into a notch when it is pulled out. There is no additional net.

Thank you. I appreciate the fast reply.

One concern I have is that the service department and parts department at the dealership seem to know nothing about the B-Class at this point, since it is so new. There is only one person in the service department that "took a class" in servicing the B-Class. That concerns me!

Did any of you get Prepaid Maintenance included in your lease contract? They charge $800 for Prepaid Maintenance for 3 years. But the service department at this point doesn't know anything about what servicing the car would involve and include.
Any thoughts on this issue would be appreciated!

I did happen to get the pre-paid maintenance. The maintenance manual indicates what should be done at 5, 10, 20 and 30k miles (actually it gets to much higher numbers than that).

There are several things which are checked/serviced at the 10k and 20k services, and from what I was told it was cheaper to pre-pay the maintenance, rather than pay when I take it in. That might be a bit misleading. I don't happen to have the manual in front of me at the moment, so I can't easily tell you what was involved.

rdavis0521 said:
I did happen to get the pre-paid maintenance. The maintenance manual indicates what should be done at 5, 10, 20 and 30k miles (actually it gets to much higher numbers than that).

There are several things which are checked/serviced at the 10k and 20k services, and from what I was told it was cheaper to pre-pay the maintenance, rather than pay when I take it in. That might be a bit misleading. I don't happen to have the manual in front of me at the moment, so I can't easily tell you what was involved.

Do you know what you paid for Prepaid Maintenance? The Mercedes website says $800 for 3 years. Did you roll that cost into your lease?

It was difficult to find a service schedule at all. Sales though it would cover "oil changes". Yeah, okay. From what I could find out, the maintenance over the 4 year coverage plan included tire rotations, one or two brake fluid changes and one or two cabin filters. Over the 36 month lease, only one brake fluid change and one cabin filter would be needed. A few feet away from the sales floor, the service department reps hadn't heard of a B-class, but guessed the cabin filter would run around $125, and brake fluid changes would be about $225. The sales manager and I agreed that the service contract would probably not be worthwhile.

mddg said:
It was difficult to find a service schedule at all. Sales though it would cover "oil changes". Yeah, okay. From what I could find out, the maintenance over the 4 year coverage plan included tire rotations, one or two brake fluid changes and one or two cabin filters. Over the 36 month lease, only one brake fluid change and one cabin filter would be needed. A few feet away from the sales floor, the service department reps hadn't heard of a B-class, but guessed the cabin filter would run around $125, and brake fluid changes would be about $225. The sales manager and I agreed that the service contract would probably not be worthwhile.

This is what troubles me...no one in the service department seems to know anything about the B-Class yet!

fkrull,

The dealer in NYC provided two years prepaid as part of their Black Friday promotion. It was valued at $795. As it is year-end, get them to throw this in. BTW, check the post on year-end lease special which you can advantage or recalculate to discount off MSRP.

jwchwang,

Thank you for the information.
I leased mine yesterday and got a good deal on PPM, which I had rolled into the lease and residualized.

Glad to help you get a better deal. Let us all know how it goes. Beware the newbie lead foot, the car is quick and easy to squander range if it matters to you.

Back