White stickers don't really go well

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rdavis0521 said:
You should have got a white B. My stickers do not stand out.

actually doesn't look bad. Can you post another picture, showing the other stickers, perhaps a bit further back. I have a white car, but still haven't put on my stickers. Would love to see the complete sticker setup on yours.

White looks very nice indeed. With my black, the stickers stand out and sometimes people think I am a limo driver.

fishn4life said:
I just put the small sticker on right bumper. are we supposed to place the large ones on the sides too?

Believe it or not, the stickers come with instructions :)

The two big ones go on the side of the rear bumper. The small one goes on the back right of the bumper.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/vr/decal

Details placement, but there should have been instructions with the stickers.

Interesting that the green stickers require 4, but only 3 white.

Went online and got my Clean Pass stickers needed to drive in HOV lanes in NYS. Not sure there is a reciprocal in adjacent states but not really an issue given limited drive radius. Yep, they are still white and will stick out prominently on my 2017 black B250e. As far as I can tell, it is only useful for the HOV lanes on the infamous Long Island Expressway. I don't go out to island regularly anymore so am not sure I want to put the stickers on. They are worth it if one drives on the LIE but with the weather cresting 60 degrees, inclined to take the roadster out to island with top down.

High class dilemma.

On my dark grey VW I put them on magnetic sign material and normally kept them in my glove compartment. On my current car I did not bother since they expire at the end of the year.

When I was rear ended in my 2014 the body shop gave me the portion of the bumper with the stickers. I had to send them back for replacements.

I think I've gathered from this that in California you have to have some stickers on to drive in certain EV only lanes or parts of town. I was originally wondering if was to do with the "Electric Art" stickers that came on mine.
I have been keen to keep them, given that I've never seen another B250e (i.e. Electiric Drive B Class) in the UK and think that perhaps it helps get the message out that such a thing exists, even if its not on sale any longer :-(
Would you keep these? Perhaps too late now anyway, the car is 3 years/12k miles old (mine for a year) and so the virgin paint underneath might sine brighter leaving a ghost of the stickers if I was to remove them now.

Photo of my B Class "Electric Art" model in the UK with white stickers (links to google photos)

You are right. The stickers are required for the car pool lanes. The white expire at the end of the year,. Now red sticker are the in thing..

On my 2017 I did not bother applying for stickers. I rarely used my old stickers. Being retired means you do not drive as much.

Back