White Decal rejected - 2014 BClass California

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rdavis0521 said:
Also, for anyone who purchased or leased at M of Escondido, I was just told by Amanda that they take care of obtaining the white tag for you when the plates come. It's taking 10-12 weeks right now because Sac is backed up, but I was assured the white tag is on its way.... We'll see

Most MB dealers do not know this (and probably many owners as well). The car dealer can actually pre-order white stickers, based upon VIN number. They do not need to wait for plates. Dealers that are EV savvy, like Carson Toyota will have white stickers for their RAV4 customers at purchase time.

I made my dealership aware of this while I was waiting for the initial release of the car, and I received my stickers long before my plates arrived.

May I ask when you did this? My dealer tells me that as of March, they can't pre-order the stickers. The idea of a 12 week long wait honestly terrifies me, given that my FFE lease is just about up and the new car isn't here yet - then a further wait... So getting this expedited in any way would be great.

My dealer did not have the stickers but they ordered them for me. It took less than a month to get them.

I got my vehicle last July, so it may indeed be possible that things have changed regarding pre-ordering white stickers. I haven't kept up with any changes.

Just received plates and white sticker today. 3 weeks from purchase date.

I'd post a pic but still trying to figure out how...

fishn4life said:
Just received plates and white sticker today. 3 weeks from purchase date.

I'd post a pic but still trying to figure out how...

How come you got both at the same time? Don't you need the plates in order to apply for the stickers?

Apparently the dealer orders them with the plates. Not sure how it works behind the curtain, just glad to have them in hand.

16a5vmu.jpg

I bought my car at end of Dec 2014 from Downtown LA Motors.
Got my plates at end of Jan 2015. Applied right away for decal, got it at end of Feb.
Total of 2 months.

Joe said:
I bought my car at end of Dec 2014 from Downtown LA Motors.
Got my plates at end of Jan 2015. Applied right away for decal, got it at end of Feb.
Total of 2 months.

Close to same for us. Bought March 30 from House of Imports, received stickers May 22.

My dealer had a stack of the stickers ready. They applied it while I was doing the paperwork. Good luck!

Back