EvAccess Android app now available

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwarcd

The EvAccess Android app is now available for all on the Google Play Store (search for EvAccess).

The app shows charging and status information about your B-Class Electric Drive. It provides a convenient one page charge summary view of all the important data for your electric car.

With the EvAccess app, you can see:
- Charging status
- State of charge of the battery
- Estimated range
- Current calculated charging power
- Departure time and state of charge
- Vehicle mileage
- Notifications for when charging is started or stopped

You can control:
- Departure time
- Climate control state

Requirements:
- You must have a valid login for the Mercedes "My Mercedes Electric" aka "My B-Class" web app to use this app.

charging_v180_device-2015-05-14-221357.png

I just downloaded. Works great and more info that the MB app! Much easier to use with all the charging data on one screen.

I have an Android for work so I was able to use this phone to set up.

I am more of an Apple person so any chance there is an iPhone app coming??

I'm probably just going to do an Android version. Not enough spare time to do both... :-(

An iPhone / iOS version with Apple Watch functionality would be most appreciated. How much would it cost? Kickstarter? How many hours does it take to code?

GGV said:
Hm... "Unable to login" message... What website is used for authentication? Phone is "Google Galaxy"

You should use the same login that you use for the MB B-Class web app: In the US it's myclass.mbusa.com

Yes, I was confused between websites.
URL is http://mybclass.mbusa.com
It does NOT work in IE & Firefox. I was able to load it only from android tablet.

I'm curious how you made this. Did you reverse engineer the javascript code on the web app? Did you find some APIs published somewhere? I'd like to put together a script for my computer that is able to check the charging status each night and ping me if my car is not charging, but looking at the source code for the web app wasn't much help.

northernlights said:
I'm curious how you made this. Did you reverse engineer the javascript code on the web app? Did you find some APIs published somewhere? I'd like to put together a script for my computer that is able to check the charging status each night and ping me if my car is not charging, but looking at the source code for the web app wasn't much help.

I looked at the web services that the web app was calling. There are only a few that the web app uses.

jwarcd said:
I'm probably just going to do an Android version. Not enough spare time to do both... :-(
jwarcd: Probably 80% of B drivers in the U.S. use the iPhone. Hope you will reconsider and do it for iOS. Though, I fully understand if you don't have spare time.

tom said:
jwarcd said:
jwarcd: Probably 80% of B drivers in the U.S. use the iPhone. Hope you will reconsider and do it for iOS. Though, I fully understand if you don't have spare time.

Turbo3 ported Leaf Spy to IOS. The expenses are large enough that he feels that he will never make money. It was a labor of love.

Someday I will get my Mercedes B app to work on chrome so that the Android app will work for me. After remembering the Lisa I will never have an Apple app. Fool me once and you never get another chance.

For those with good software skills, this is an opportunity. Clearly, Mercedes doesn't have good programmers doing these phone apps. They need good iOS and Android apps for all their cars for all markets worldwide. If people implemented this well, likely Mercedes would be interested (to acquire, to hire, to jointly develop)

HI,

Is this app still working? I have tried on two seperate andrioid devices but it appears to hang at the loading page.

It just keeps changing between loading and B class electric drive.

Thanks

Rich

RichieC said:
HI,

Is this app still working? I have tried on two seperate andrioid devices but it appears to hang at the loading page.

It just keeps changing between loading and B class electric drive.

Thanks

Rich

Hi Rich, I'm the developer of the app. It should be working... I don't know of any existing problem. Would you be able to send me a PM on this forum with a picture of the screen?

Thanks,

Jared

Back