Rusnak Mercedes in Arcadia,CA has two ED

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevepl

I just left Rusnak Mercedes driving my new leased B Class ED! They have two more on the lot, a grey with black interior and a blue one with light interior. Jon Montgomery is very knowledgable about the car, and was very helpful.

Steve L.
Studio City, CA

So what were the lease terms? What options? Range Package?

stevepl said:
I just left Rusnak Mercedes driving my new leased B Class ED! They have two more on the lot, a grey with black interior and a blue one with light interior. Jon Montgomery is very knowledgeable about the car, and was very helpful

How about doing two test runs for the same distance at the same constant speed (55 mph) in both efficiency and sport mode and let us know the kWh used in the two trips?

Just as with the Leaf, at a constant speed with the Climate Control off, I would expect there to be virtually no difference. And it would have to be in two opposite directions close together in time to have any validity...

roperld said:
How about doing two test runs for the same distance at the same constant speed (55 mph) in both efficiency and sport mode and let us know the kWh used in the two trips?

stevepl said:
I just left Rusnak Mercedes driving my new leased B Class ED! They have two more on the lot, a grey with black interior and a blue one with light interior. Jon Montgomery is very knowledgable about the car, and was very helpful.

Steve L.
Studio City, CA

Steve, congrats! Does that make you the first delivery in the US? Any press release or fanfare go along with it? Or is Mercedes keeping quiet about it?

And let us know what color/options you went for!

I know there was at least one in Valencia a few days earlier... But you would think there WOULD be more publicity, wouldn't you...

klaus said:
Steve, congrats! Does that make you the first delivery in the US? Any press release or fanfare go along with it? Or is Mercedes keeping quiet about it?

Yeah, I thought maybe there would be more fanfare. I know I was excited about just being able to drive the car that I had been waiting so patiently for. I loaded it with all options, except for leather and the Range Pkg (which I regret not getting, although I don't need it for my daily commute). It's white with the Ash MBTex.

I'll post the Monroney sticker when I figure out how to post photos on here!

Steve L.

What kind of lease deals are they offering?

stevepl said:
Yeah, I thought maybe there would be more fanfare. I know I was excited about just being able to drive the car that I had been waiting so patiently for. I loaded it with all options, except for leather and the Range Pkg (which I regret not getting, although I don't need it for my daily commute). It's white with the Ash MBTex.

For a lease, they give an instant full federal tax credit of $7500 off the settled price. The 3 year residual value is 23,000. With my trade-in value of $3750 down, the total price was 41,800 and my lease payments are $xxxx with 30,000 mile allotment.

Long story short, no huge discounts but it is nice to get the full $7500 credit right away. I don't think BMW was as generous with the Federal credit for leases.

Steve L.
Studio City, CA

So, the same thing that Nissan is doing with the tax credit... 10,000 miles a year is low though, that would never work for me (I have 15,000). Based on your monthly payment, it seems their money factor may be a little high too...

stevepl said:
For a lease, they give an instant full federal tax credit of $7500 off the settled price. The 3 year residual value is 23,000. With my trade-in value of $3750 down, the total price was 41,800 and my lease payments are $650 with 30,000 mile allotment. Long story short, no huge discounts but it is nice to get the full $7500 credit right away. I don't think BMW was as generous with the Federal credit for leases.

Steve L.
Studio City, CA

stevepl said:
For a lease, they give an instant full federal tax credit of $7500 off the settled price. The 3 year residual value is 23,000. With my trade-in value of $3750 down, the total price was 41,800 and my lease payments are $650 with 30,000 mile allotment.

Long story short, no huge discounts but it is nice to get the full $7500 credit right away. I don't think BMW was as generous with the Federal credit for leases.

Steve L.
Studio City, CA
Residual seems around $4k lower than my 2011 LEAF (based on $11k price differential) which is good and bad. The good: it's cheaper to buy out, the bad: the lease payment is more than double my LEAF payment.

Kinda puzzled why that payment is so high, I would've expected something in the $450-550 range, it's almost as if they didn't take the $7500 tax credit off the price.

Yeah, it is more than twice what I am paying on the Leaf... And being been a first adopter, I didn't get the best lease deal which makes it seem even odder... The residual seems artificially low too, which only raises the monthly that much more...

padamson1 said:
Kinda puzzled why that payment is so high, I would've expected something in the $450-550 range, it's almost as if they didn't take the $7500 tax credit off the price.

Back