False crash sensor beep and flashes.

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregS

There is a stretch of street by my house that must have a ghost. Ever time I drive down it the sensor flashes and beeps. The road is two lanes each side and no traffic. Does anyone know what causes this. No worried, but interested in how it works.

I have several places that set off the warning. My feeling is that there is active traffic sensors there and the transmitter is picked up my the B Class receiver and it gets confused.

Greg, my guess is that as a radar assisted device, it is picking up a false return. Not knowing anything more than usual, it could be a perfect signal return or a traffic device like Glenn said. If it recurs somewhere else, bring to dealer to fix under warranty.

Mine tends to go off a lot when there's a dip in the road (it picks up the rise in the road as a collision threat).

I've had my 2015 for less than 2 weeks now, and the collision sensor goes off often as a false alarm. Apparently, there is no way to disable it permanently. It can be disabled, but only during the drive you are on. It must be disabled each time you re-start the car :?

Happens to me all the time. There's one place on my daily commute that sets it off guaranteed, and then I get it typically once more per day at random locations. Never happens on my S4...

Back