Ask Me Anything You Need To Know - B-Class

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the car was unlocked when the charge port wont open. we tried locking and unlocking with no success. my family took the car to the dealership and the latch(?) was replaced. they did try to reach from the inside via rear cargo before replacement.

Hi Tim, we just leased a 2015 B class last week. We drove it around for one week already, felt great. However there are two issues that bothers me, I can't seem to find answer.
1. 2015 B class on the window sticker says standard feature: Garmin Map Pilot. So to my understanding, the car comes with Garmin Map, but where is the SD card for the map? Is it available for extra cost? How much? When I try to build the car on MB USA website, there isn't an option says SD card on it, so I assume it should come with the car?
2. Mbrace doesn't seem to sync. Do I have to have mbrace account in order to check my car's battery level and stuff? I called them inside the car a week ago, they still cannot find my car or something.

Thank you in advance.

innerfish said:
2. Mbrace doesn't seem to sync. Do I have to have mbrace account in order to check my car's battery level and stuff? I called them inside the car a week ago, they still cannot find my car or something.

Thank you in advance.

You need an mbrace account and You need the VVC code from the dealer to register for the website that displays the charge info. The VVC code is vehicle verification code and it can only come from the dealer. It took me 22 days to get mine but it usually only take a day or two once you start asking.

innerfish said:
1. 2015 B class on the window sticker says standard feature: Garmin Map Pilot. So to my understanding, the car comes with Garmin Map, but where is the SD card for the map? Is it available for extra cost? How much? When I try to build the car on MB USA website, there isn't an option says SD card on it, so I assume it should come with the car?

Garmin map includes the Garmin navigation system and is standard.
There is a small (less than one inch) wide slot on the front of your audio system panel, lower than the slot for CDs. You insert your SD card for the Garmin map pilot into that small slot. When I acquired my car, the SD card was already inserted. The dealer showed me the SD card after he took it out from a larger package, similar in size to a movie DVD case.

I find the Garmin Navigation system and maps a lot better, compared to the much older navi I used in my 2004 BMW or 2001 Acura.

Lukeetal said:
innerfish said:

Thank you in advance.

You need an mbrace account and You need the VVC code from the dealer to register for the website that displays the charge info. The VVC code is vehicle verification code and it can only come from the dealer. It took me 22 days to get mine but it usually only take a day or two once you start asking.

Thank you Lukeetal. I got VVC code the day I left the dealership, but was never able to sync until today. I spent 30 mins on the phone with Mbrace, turned out the mbrace account has to be active before I can get a sync to check battery charging status, even though it's two completely different apps on the phone. So now it's working! thank you

renault19 said:
innerfish said:

Garmin map includes the Garmin navigation system and is standard.
There is a small (less than one inch) wide slot on the front of your audio system panel, lower than the slot for CDs. You insert your SD card for the Garmin map pilot into that small slot. When I acquired my car, the SD card was already inserted. The dealer showed me the SD card after he took it out from a larger package, similar in size to a movie DVD case.

I find the Garmin Navigation system and maps a lot better, compared to the much older navi I used in my 2004 BMW or 2001 Acura.

Hi renault19, so 2015 B class is suppose to have a working Garmin map with SD card as a standard feature right? Cause I read it somewhere in CLA class, that you have to purchase the SD card separate? I asked my dealer, she's kind of clueless, she said her vehicle preparation center never got the SD card from MBUSA, and now she's opening a case with MBUSA. I just want to get what I paid for, if SD card is available as a separate purchase then forget it, but the window sticker says Garmin Map Pilot, not Garmin Map Pilot ready.. I don't know...

Yes the Garmin MAP PILOT is listed among the standard features under convenience or comfort on the sticker which came with my 2015 BC. I am unable to paste pictures, but the following link has a few pictures, identical to the package containing the SD card I got with the car.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Mercedes-Benz-SD-Card-Garmin-Map-Pilot-2014-part-A2189063101-/141757691895?hash=item21016ab7f7&vxp=mtr

Note that the part number is A2189064001 version 2.4 (pictures are accurate).

You shouldn't have to pay anything extra, but instead get the above with the new car. I assume your BC is the 2015 model.

Thanks renault19, sorry about the late reply. I've been texting my dealer back and forth. and they're sending me the SD card through FedEx now.

Hello, I lease a 2014 since late December 2014. I have had 10,250 trouble free miles, now my car is asking for Service A. I don't want to pay for things I don't need, and I want to change the cabin air filter myself if possible. I've checked all my fluid levels, wipers, tires, wiper fluid etc.

1. Is the battery maintenance (changing the battery desiccant) included with the basic warranty? I have read that it is, like Diesels which include ADBlue.

2. DO I HAVE to change the battery desiccant? This is a three-year lease.......

3. Can I do the cabin air filter myself and do you have instructions or know where it is located on this car?

Can anyone reset the SERVICE A warning or can I reset it myself with some menu in the dashboard?

-William

innerfish said:
Thanks renault19, sorry about the late reply. I've been texting my dealer back and forth. and they're sending me the SD card through FedEx now.

I didn't get this box or any SD cards. How is the Garmin stuff different from the "normal" built-in stuff?

phototrek said:
innerfish said:

I didn't get this box or any SD cards. How is the Garmin stuff different from the "normal" built-in stuff?

Hi, I've been getting conflicting information on this subject. Most I read, you don't, you have to pay for the SD card. Renault19 was the only user told me it should be standard. If you have 2015 B class, on the window sticker, under standard feature, comfort/convenient section, Garmin Map Pilot should be listed on there as a standard feature. I showed my dealer that window sticker two weeks later they sent the SD card to me in the mail.

Maybe the SD card is already inserted in the slot located on the dash?
Or MB decided not not include the Garmin Map Pilot anymore as a standard feature in subsequent 2015 BCEDs, after the first batch of vehicles which made it to California earlier this year? If the sticker on your car lists Garmin Map Pilot you are entitled to get the vehicle with that feature.

Some dealers may have forgotten... It's easy to omit a booklet or case of the size of the users manual in the hassle of a lease or sale transaction.

renault19 said:
Maybe the SD card is already inserted in the slot located on the dash?
Or MB decided not not include the Garmin Map Pilot anymore as a standard feature in subsequent 2015 BCEDs, after the first batch of vehicles which made it to California earlier this year? If the sticker on your car lists Garmin Map Pilot you are entitled to get the vehicle with that feature.

Some dealers may have forgotten... It's easy to omit a booklet or case of the size of the users manual in the hassle of a lease or sale transaction.

I checked my window sticker and it clearly states Garmin Map Pilot there. I have a custom spec'd 2015 that got off the boat in May. I have also triple checked that I have NO card in the SD slot. My dealer is completely incompetent so I rather not deal with them unless absolutely necessary; there IS a nav system in the car, and I wonder why on earth anyone would offer two different nav systems for the same car. That's part of my question - how is it different? Since (1) I have a nav system already, (2) usually can find the way between my house and office, and (3) I am already on DEFCON 2 with my dealer as it is, arguing about an SD card may not be worth my time.

But the curiosity about the difference between the two nav systems remains.

lol @ your DEFCON 2 comment. I know that feeling, just when you hated to deal with the dealers anymore...

well, I know there are two OPTIONS for navigation. I believe you can only have one of the two. You don't get both.
So either:
you paid for upgrade to COMAD hard drive based navigation (I believe it's multimedia package), which is Mercedes own standard navigation system, it supposed to be faster and prettier since it's Hard drive based, but trust me, many people hated the interface, including me.

or

you didn't pay for any upgrade on your 2015 B class, then you should have the Garmin SD card based map system. In this case, you need to ask your dealer to provide you one. I asked mine. They spent two weeks to investigate on what's going on, at the end they sent me the SD card in the mail.

I am about to post a Yelp review of the dealership, so it may be DEFCON 1 soon :)

I have Command, and from what I read that's an "upgrade" (and yes it's the worst UI I have ever seen, and I have "enjoyed" Ford Sync for three years). Still, my window sticker reads "Garmin" on the window sticker, so I wonder if I should bother. I guess the answer is no given the imminent posting of my review ;)

phototrek said:
I am about to post a Yelp review of the dealership, so it may be DEFCON 1 soon :)

I have Command, and from what I read that's an "upgrade" (and yes it's the worst UI I have ever seen, and I have "enjoyed" Ford Sync for three years). Still, my window sticker reads "Garmin" on the window sticker, so I wonder if I should bother. I guess the answer is no given the imminent posting of my review ;)

lol, yea, it make sense. It only has one "navi" button under the radio button on center console right? I don't think you supposed to have two map systems in one car, confuse the voice command too.
but since you already DEFCON 2 with them, might as well just make it nuclear war by asking them why it's on window sticker, they might get super annoyed and give you one. Then you can just turn around sell it on ebay for $400 lol

Morning Tim,

I was wondering if you had run across a way to turn off the "idle creep" on the B-class. I assume they wanted the car to feel like a normal gas engine and so there is some creep built in to the software. When you take your foot off the brake the car will creep forward. I find myself having trouble being smooth when wanting to move the car for short increments. The creep seems to fight against the brake. In the Tesla you can choose to turn this feature off.

I have an i3 and it has no creep which I find a much better option.

Any ideas? I looked through the manual and found no reference to this "feature".

Otherwise, loving the car. Not as fast as the i3. Better range for sure. Pretty easy to get 100 miles on normal charge versus about 80 for the i3 in the same terrain. Better AC. Ride quality and comfort about the same. I love the i3 in town driving and find the B-class a bit better on the highway. Both fabulous cars.

Thanks, Mark.

The Garmin navigation system sucks. I wish I would have known how crappy it was, I might have paid for the other version.

When we leased our B-Class back at the beginning of June, our dealer indicated that navigation system was extra. However, the following week while rereading the spec sheet off the car, I notice that the Garmin system was now standard on the 2015 models. I checked with M-B USA and they said the same thing. Went back to the dealer and within about 10 minutes they gave me the SD card with no hassle.

As to the quality of the Garmin system, I guess it is what you are used to. My wife, who drives the B-Class, had a Garmin stand-alone GPS system in her last car so she is very happy with it in the B-Class. To each their own I guess.

JP

I find that navigating in a fairly short range car I don't use the nav screen at all-- other than as a map to see an upcoming street or a neighborhood. I prop my iPhone over the screen and use Waze for traffic and other social media based alerts. I'm sure I'm not the first person to say that the phone based navigation is the future -- and a better value than built in satellite nav. It's actually nice to have both.

Back