Am I getting a good deal?

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnysocal

So I'm looking to get into a 2015 B Class. This is what has been offered to me:

2015 with the Premium Package and heated from seats. MSRP is 45645.
Drive off of 761.29. Monthly payments of 339.34 (tax included). 36 month lease @ 10k miles per. I'm in Los Angeles County.

Thank you for your input.

I'm looking to lease one as well in Los Angeles. Do you mind me asking what dealership offered you this?

I'm looking at a 2015 w Premium Package and a couple other options so the MSRP is 47120.
Offer from Mercedes Encino is not great, with good credit, they want $2500 drive off and Monthly 381.50 (w/tax). 36mo/10k.
So sounds like you're getting a much better deal than I am being offered. I will shop around more.

Here's another point of reference for you guys:

I purchased my b class about 4 months ago, also in so cal.

2015 with MSRP just over 49K

Total out of pocket was $1,000
Monthly payment after all taxes was $374
This was for 12k miles per year.

So over the last few months been looking to get into a B class in the Bay Area. I will say over the last few weeks the dealer mood has shifted and the deals to be had are getting harder as cars are moving. That is unless you want blue as that I guess has been slower. I worked with six dealers in the area including going in to three dealers to work to get best price. Ended up with what I feel was a good lease deal, not great given coming out of a Focus electric lease for which I was only paying $150.

Numbers:
MSRP: just over $49K
Purchase Price: $32,200
Down: $2500 (All coming back from State, as normally never put any $ on lease)
Lease: $300.12 including Tax

Car Details:
* Black on Black
* Premium Package
* Multimedia Package
* Trim
* All weather Mats

LacrosseMan said:
So over the last few months been looking to get into a B class in the Bay Area. I will say over the last few weeks the dealer mood has shifted and the deals to be had are getting harder as cars are moving. That is unless you want blue as that I guess has been slower. I worked with six dealers in the area including going in to three dealers to work to get best price. Ended up with what I feel was a good lease deal, not great given coming out of a Focus electric lease for which I was only paying $150.

Numbers:

Car Details:
* Black on Black
* Premium Package
* Multimedia Package
* Trim
* All weather Mats

I would jump on this deal in a heartbeat in WA. We cannot buy these in WA and according to 3 dealers in CA they won't sell us one. One dealer said MBUSA won't let them, another one said the state of CA won't let them. I don't know. My wife wants blue but we couldn't justify the extra cost in the deal we were working from Oregon.

I ended up going to a dealer 67 miles away because the dealers in my area wouldn't deal (and they only had the sea blue we didn't care for). I ended up with a similar car to LacrosseMan but I am around 15$ more a month. The kicker was they took our trade in with high mileage and gave us more than 1k more than car max would give without the hassle of private party.

Would you mind sharing which dealer offered this deal? I talked to San Jose dealer - they quoted $480 / month, $3k drive off, 10k miles per year.Dealer in Oakland offered $350 / month with tax.

LacrosseMan said:

Numbers:

Car Details:
* Black on Black
* Premium Package
* Multimedia Package
* Trim
* All weather Mats

Remember deals are regional based. So Cal is almost like a different country than us in North Cal. I got mine from Oakland and they offered somewhere around what you are saying. Not the cheapest, but you are not getting robbed either.

bono said:
Would you mind sharing which dealer offered this deal? I talked to San Jose dealer - they quoted $480 / month, $3k drive off, 10k miles per year.Dealer in Oakland offered $350 / month with tax.

LacrosseMan said:

Numbers:

Car Details:
* Black on Black
* Premium Package
* Multimedia Package
* Trim
* All weather Mats

I just took delivery on Monday of a 2016 fully loaded red on red. The lease is for 12K miles/year for 36 months with maintenance built in. Here are the figures I agreed to:

-MSRP: $51,215
-Negotiated Price: $39,976
-Risidual: $23,405
-Drive Off: $4,000
-Base Monthly: $412
-w/Tax Monthly: $449

The total cost of my lease over 36 months will be $17,215 including taxes and after collecting CA's rebate.

Enjoy the car!

However, after accounting for the $7500 federal tax credit that has already reduced the capitalized cost, it sees you negotiated just $3700 off the MSRP - not bad, but most folks here did a lot better. Edmunds shows this car has true market value at $7-8000 off the MSRP, which is also what I got last August.

I haven't been here for a while. Just wanted to share my lease info with everyone. I leased two Bs in July 2015 in the SF bay area, here are the numbers (both MSRP were around $49,000):

model year 2014: $3000 + 35 x $260 (15,000 miles per year)

model year 2015: $3000 + 35 x $320 (15,000 miles per year)

The model year 2015 stalled on us one time in July 2015 but has been fine since. The model year 2014 has always been fine.

Love the car's performance and handling !

I just reserved two Tesla Model 3s ($1000 each and refundable). Timing should be just about right for mid 2018 delivery when our two Bs leases end. Model 3 with range of 215 miles at the same price point should be fantastic to lease as well ! (but won't be this cheap because demand will be much higher)

I could have gotten a better interest rate (Money Factor) on a 2015 model with a more aggressive discount off the MSRP, but I wanted Apple Car play and I don't regret it. I also wanted the car to park itself and heated seats (I can't believe I had to pay extra for that, come on MB!). I also went with the second best deal because the car was exactly how I would order it from MB.

After five months of driving, I still feel like a kid when I get in it.

Safe e-travels!

Dracula said:
Enjoy the car!

However, after accounting for the $7500 federal tax credit that has already reduced the capitalized cost, it sees you negotiated just $3700 off the MSRP - not bad, but most folks here did a lot better. Edmunds shows this car has true market value at $7-8000 off the MSRP, which is also what I got last August.

Back