My shopping experience in San Diego

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdcal19

My wife and I decided to look at all the ev's out there one weekend. The Mercedes dealer was by far the pushiest. The car is very nice but the price we were quoted has us laughing. We said we weren't buying today but he goes to his manager and comes back with this:
No money down, 12k miles and 972$ per month for 36 months!!! Not including tax/license!
We literally laughed and said we were leaving so he left and came back again. This time with a price of 632$/month.
Obviously we left.
We have never leased before so if anyone has some wisdom on how to get a great deal we would appreciate it!!

It was the El Cajon Dealer. He even brought the sales manager over to meet us, and wanted the keys to our car to check trade in value. We kept saying we weren't purchasing yet but they pushed hard (not hard enough for a good deal though). The San Diego dealer said they couldn't go below 400$ with no money down.

Another example the traditional franchise dealership is obsolete, and they are not fair. Many can argue they got the best deal with traditional dealership, but there are many people got scammed.

My aunt bought a base Nissan Versa Note for $22,500 out the door, the MSRP is $14,180. By the time I found out after a couple of months of ownership, there is nothing I can do to help her. When she went back to the dealer service center, even the service guy can't believe how much she paid for the car.

We might not get the deepest possible discount from direct sale (Tesla), but I know everyone paid exactly the same no matter where you are. The price is straight forward and clear. If I feel the price is too high, I don't have to buy it.

I hear you freewilly. That is why I was thinking of trying the AAA auto purchasing or Costco to see what they can come up with. The only bummer is you have to go to the dealer and talk to another salesman. Not my idea of fun.

I've communicated to internet sales manager. I've started with National deal and asked if they improve it.
It wasn't easy negotiation but without senseless bids

Back