Charge socket flap won't open

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blaferty

The outside flap covering the charge socket ( not the socket cover ) will not open.
The flap has not been working consistently. Sometime one push would open it.
Sometimes it would take several tries.
Is there a manual release? Is there a fuse/solenoid,etc?

Did you check to be sure the doors are unlocked? The charger door locks when you lock the doors.

I did not notice on my car for quite some time as I do not lock the car in our garage where I charge. My wife locked the doors and I could not open the charger door. Unlocking the doors did the trick.

update:
after pushing on the flap 5 or 6 times, it finally opened a couple minutes later.
It has done this a few other times recently. Car is always unlocked
when trying to open flap.
I looked for manual release but did not find one. Also opened both fuse boxes.
Neither cover has listing of fuses & related systems.
After the flap opened, I pushed the button which is pushed by the flap & lifted the
hook that secures the flap. Car started making "electrical" sound.
I plugged in the charger while I can!
Will go in for the recall & annual service in two weeks.

Went to dealer because charge socket flap would no longer open.
There is no manual release. Tech had to pry open the flap. Replaced the central locking
actuator and flap under warranty.

I'm having the same problem with the charge socket flap. It happened once before and I didn't have sufficient range remaining to get to the dealership. I left message with our service technician asking what the procedure is for fixing he problem given that I was unable to bring the car in for service. He never replied but fortunately the next day the flap miraculously opened. Today the problem arose again and, again, I have insufficient range to get to the dealership. Anyone have ideas for wither (a) forcing the flap open myself without somehow voiding the warranty; or (b) getting the dealership to respond to my pleas for help?

If you have to bang on the flap to get it to open, it is going to fail. My replacement unit only requires a light push
to open.

Mine has been acting up off and on for the past month or so. Today it will not open at all. I may have enough juice to drive it to the dealership, but I suppose I can just have mbrace tow it if I do not.

I have to say, its the most ridiculous latching mechanism I have ever seen for one of these flaps. I cannot believe anyone calling themselves an engineer thought this was a "good design". Add to it that there is no emergency backup in the trunk or such, it is baffling.

FWIW, I can hear the micro-switch clicking when I press on the flap, but nothing happens. I tried varying amounts of pressure, and varying times of holding the switch. I tried getting a piece of wire in there to release the latch, but didn't try too hard for fear of scratching the paint.

I am having the other problem: flap doesn't close :)

Dropped off my car to the dealer. The satellite radio stopped working and they figured out that the car needs a new antenna. This is a 2 month car with 2k miles on it :( Not very confidence inspiring..

Yes, I also have the problem where the flap doesn't stay closed. It will close, but by the time I get into the car, its open again. I get that the B-Class is a "cheap" Mercedes, but come on, seriously, some of this stuff is very amateur level stuff.

Back