Malfunction Visit Workshop

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saabluster

So yesterday my new B started giving me a warning message on the dash that reads "Malfunction Visit Workshop". No explanation as to what it could be or how severe. The car drives just fine. Anyone else had this pop up on their car? We have had our car for a little over a month now and to say I love it is an understatement.

But since day one we have been getting an intermittent feeling of something going bump while stopped at lights. It happens several times in a day. My going theory is that for some reason the car is attempting to accelerate in brief spurts. And no our feet is nowhere near the go pedal when this happens. I can recreate it though by holding one foot on the brake and with the other pressing down on the accelerator. It has been a minor annoyance but frustrating all the same.

So this is what was occurring before the recall/most recent software update. (Although my car does the "bump" thing in bumper to bumper traffic about once a week.) I think the bump thing -- is an ABS issue. It feels like the the car behind you bumped into you. The Visit Workshop is a weird one -- if you ignore it or re-start the car it will go away, but something is amiss. I hate to say it but you might need to go to the dealer -- tell them you need a software update -- I personally wouldn't tell them much more -- they know NOTHING about this car at Mercedes. Let the computer give them the "fault codes" and see what the technician does. Your service appointment should be free, of course.

wtzouris said:
So this is what was occurring before the recall/most recent software update. (Although my car does the "bump" thing in bumper to bumper traffic about once a week.) I think the bump thing -- is an ABS issue. It feels like the the car behind you bumped into you. The Visit Workshop is a weird one -- if you ignore it or re-start the car it will go away, but something is amiss. I hate to say it but you might need to go to the dealer -- tell them you need a software update -- I personally wouldn't tell them much more -- they know NOTHING about this car at Mercedes. Let the computer give them the "fault codes" and see what the technician does. Your service appointment should be free, of course.

Supposedly the dealer I bought it from did the update before shipping me the car. I'm struggling to see how this could be abs related. What you describe sounds exactly like what I feel. But brakes stop not move you forward. There is power actively going to the motor for a fraction of a second. Since I can recreate it by holding down the brake and accelerator at the same time it occured to me there may be spurious signals from the accelerator even when not depressed. I am definitely taking it in. I'll report back.

SaaB,

Hey man, we are simply reporting that after our software upgrade, there was a noticeable decrease in the lurching which is related to ABS and tuning of the accelerator. So that could be it or it could be something else as you said. Good luck.

Our B-ED gave us this week both the "Malfunction-Visit Workshop" error and the "Do Not Shift-Visit Workshop" error. Took it in to MB; all software was up to date. They did a calibration of the Parking Paw, per instructions from MB. So far, seems to have solved the issue.

Back