RIMS?? - HELP PLEASE!!

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theDuke

Hi all, was seeing some of you did what I want to do and swap the cheese-grater crap rims. Has anyone had any luck putting anything wider than 18'x7.5" in the front? I saw some posts that 18"x8.5" wide will fit on the rear, and I am just wondering what the max decent size for the front would be.

I am dying to get the AMG 85011 style rims to fit this car, I really hate the factory ones. They come 8.5" for front and 9.5" for rear, thinking of just trying to get 8.5" all around.

Does anyone know if a 52mm offset will work on both front and rear?

I found a really sick set on ebay and talked the guy down to $1000 shipped for 4 18x7.5 CLA250 AMG 5 Spoke Rims with Bridgestone 225/40/R18 92W tires with 90% tread.

Just worried about the 52mm being an issue for the front or back.

PLEASE HELP!! :)

s-l1600.jpg

Your tires would be 3% smaller in diameter, which is an amount I wouldn't recommend using simply because there exists a used set of wheels with that size tire on them.
You'd be 9mm closer to suspension & brakes at the rim, which might be pushing it. Check that yourself.
You could use those wheels without a scrub radius change, but you'd want to use some 225/45-18 tires.

I was able to fit 19x8.5 ET52 (on rear) and I went with 255/35ZR19 tires. Rubs in the rear if i have 4 passengers or on big bumps. If you're sticking with 225 on the rear, you should be fine. For the front, I went with 19x7.5 ET44 with 225/40ZR19.

I would post a pic but I can't seem to figure out how to add. (not so techie :lol:)

I went with the AMG knockoffs. Cost me $749 on eBay for the set.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/19-X-8-0-ET...ash=item2a7732a54f:g:Z6sAAOSwux5YUMXN&vxp=mtr

Back