newbie q

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyyuan

Hi all, we just got a 2015 B250 last week, couple of stupid questions that I couldn't really find answers to doing a search...(probably because I couldn't come up with the correct search term)

1. there is a button next to the driver side seat heater? what does it do? looks like 3 curvy lines with a fan on it. it's also not shown in the owner's manual.
2. trailer hitch / bike rack, has anyone try to put on a hitch ? found a couple of post about it, but no answers.

thanks!

The button next to the drivers seat heater is for climate control. Here is how I've seen it behave.

Pushing it when the the key is removed will enable the climate controls, heat or AC as required. It runs off the battery for a period of time. Hot or cold day, push it then run into the store for example and it will maintain the cabin temperature. I think you can push it before removing the key and the climate control never turns off.

The button lights if a timer has been set for departure time, setting departure time from the dash menu or the app will enable the climate control in advance of your scheduled time to pre heat or pre cool the cabin.

Can't help you with the trailer hitch, use my other car for that. There are caps on the roof assumingly for bolts to install roof rails. Cross bars on those and a bike carrier should be able to be fitted.

See page 125 in your owner's manual (2016) entitled, "Immediate pre-entry climate control". Also, I am told it is good to use during charging in the winter.

It appears that Uhaul might have them for the B class (the 2015 model shows up as a B200 on their site). I'm sure your local Uhaul dealer (that installs trailer hitches) will be able to tell you if it's compatible with your B250. I had them install a hitch for my Audi; they did a good job and it didn't cost very much.

Thanks all, I'll check Uhaul out for the hitch...

Have any of you had issues with the stock EVSE? when i plug mine in to the outlet(s), one of the red light start to blink...and the car won't charge.
(level 2 charging anywhere else seems ok)...

thanks.

DYY,

I use the OEM charging cable at work every day and occasionally experience a user error, my bad. Here are some of them.

1. Yes, red light goes on but should be replaced by green lights. Be sure it is securely plugged in on both ends. Sounds simple but has happened to me.

2. There are two charging rates, slow and faster. Press the black button to switch between the two.

3. You should hear an audible click click when it starts charging. The green lights roll sequentially. You can also check your MB or aftermarket app. I use the latter.

4. Once, nothing was happening so I left it. Discovered later I had left my keys in the ignition (not an issue for those with start button) and it apparently would not charge with key in socket.

5. I guess you could have a bad cable (try in multiple outlets) or a bad electrical outlet (check with another device).

If you are near Disneyland in Southern California I would be happy to check out your EVSE. I build OpenEVSE units as a hobby and I have the equipment to check the operation.

thanks all guys.

I have tried 7 different outlets at work / home / friend's house...all same results.
after 3 tries, i stop plugging the evse into the car, and just have it hook up to the wall and see what happens...
here's a short video:

https://goo.gl/photos/qY2cnfuqN1XvEy4L8

I drop off the evse at the dealer, hopefully i'll get it fixed soon. (or replaced).

thanks.

Back