looking for 2016 purchase prices

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bucketman

I'm considering purchasing a B class in the next few months. does anyone have any insight into what discounts can be had? I am in Rhode Island, and there are hardly any new cars around in the area, unlike in 2014, so that may make a difference.

If you're buying, the deals are on low mileage 2014's and 2015's (that can be found at 50% off MSRP). If you need a 2016 model, it's probably better to lease it.

thanks for your reply. I am seeing that the used car marketplace is where I should look, with low-mileage 2014 cars in the low twenties. while a 2016 may be somewhat better equipped it's hard to pass up that kind of depreciation.

Bucketman,

When doing the math, remember that the federal credit and any state credits only apply to original owners, so not applicable to pre-owned vehicles.

got it. I very much have in mind the $10g tax credits I could realize with a new car purchase.

The only way a 2016 model purchase makes sense to me, as opposed to the purchase of a depreciated, low mile 2014, is if there is a huge discount off MSRP on the new 2016 car. It is that number that I'd like to know about. I gather from the lack of discussion about 2016 purchases here that most transactions are still about 2014 or 2015 cars, or leases of 2016s.

bucketman said:
got it. I very much have in mind the $10g tax credits I could realize with a new car purchase.

The only way a 2016 model purchase makes sense to me, as opposed to the purchase of a depreciated, low mile 2014, is if there is a huge discount off MSRP on the new 2016 car. It is that number that I'd like to know about. I gather from the lack of discussion about 2016 purchases here that most transactions are still about 2014 or 2015 cars, or leases of 2016s.

You're not going to see a "huge discount" off MSRP on a new 2016. Mercedes is already losing their shirts on these cars.

Really, purchasing a 2016 doesn't make sense at all considering the car depreciates by 50% or more in only two years. There are very few differences between 2014-2016 models other a slightly updated interior, keyless-go, and the range charge coming as standard equipment - which is something that MB recommends limiting its use as it increases battery wear. Again, leasing a 2016 makes sense...buying one doesn't.

If I were in the market right now, I would go for a 2015 Model Year -- loaded with every option including Apple Car Play, Comfort Access (Keyless Start/Stop button) , Parking assist, navigation, leather, Harmon Kardon, radar cruise control (sensors front and back) , blind spot monitoring, etc. Get every option you will not regret the technology. Try to get $12-15k off MSRP and then lease the car -- you'll be shocked at how low the residual (option to buy) is after 3 years. My residual on the 2014 model is $20k. (I would buy my car in 2017 if it were $14k)

A dealer who happens to have one 2015 model in stock told me the 2015 model is not valid for lease. I wonder if it is the dealer's or MB's policy

wtzouris said:
If I were in the market right now, I would go for a 2015 Model Year -- loaded with every option including Apple Car Play, Comfort Access (Keyless Start/Stop button) , Parking assist, navigation, leather, Harmon Kardon, radar cruise control (sensors front and back) , blind spot monitoring, etc. Get every option you will not regret the technology. Try to get $12-15k off MSRP and then lease the car -- you'll be shocked at how low the residual (option to buy) is after 3 years. My residual on the 2014 model is $20k. (I would buy my car in 2017 if it were $14k)

I leased a fully loaded 2016 in late March and I am very happy with it. I could have gotten a better interest rate (yes, there is an interest rate on a lease, it's called the Money Factor, make sure you negotiate this in your favor) on a 2015 model, but I wanted Apple Car play and I don't regret it. The MSRP was $51,215 since the car has every feature MB was able to fit in the car including a cranberry red interior. I was also able to negotiate MB's maintenance program for the full three years (although I am not a fan on how MB overcharges on this since its an electric car) included in the 12,000 miles/year lease and negotiated a discount of $11,239 off the MSRP. After $4,000 down my payments are $449/month for three years. After a couple of months, I received my $2,500 rebate from California.

BTW, I live in Los Angeles and negotiated with several dealers which resulted in two good deals. I went with the second best deal because the car was exactly how I would have order it from MB. After picking it up from the dealer, I drove it 105 miles back home with 6 spare miles remaining.

I could not be happier! Safe e-travels!

MC,

Thanks for the information, good to know you can get deals even in California. Perhaps it has to do with the upcoming Tesla 3 or MB looking to make changes to their electric car offering. Good mileage that likely assumes LA traffic congestion.

Enjoy your MBe ride.

I recently purchased a 2016 B class in California. Was offered between 15-18% off of MSRP from various dealers. With the 7500 federal rebate and the state 2500 rebate, I am out about 35K OTD for a 50K car.

jim

JP,

Welcome and enjoy the ride. Peruse the topics as you will likely be curious at some point.

Back