Nema 40A OpenEVSE with RTC for sale

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlennD

I have an OPenEVSE listed on the RAV4 forum. Since it has the missing charge timer it is perfect for the B.

http://www.myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1899

I forgot to subscribe to the topic so I was not notified. Sorry for the late response. I sent you as PM.

This is still available. Due to my sloth in replying a EVSE was already purchased.

Only Tesla based cars need a full 40A and most other cars have built in timers. Since it is J1772 compatible it can charge any current car. It will supply current to match the car's internal charger.

I truly love my B but the electric parts were hurriedly thrown in. Why is there no charging indicator or timer?

GlennD said:
This is still available. Due to my sloth in replying a EVSE was already purchased.

Only Tesla based cars need a full 40A and most other cars have built in timers. Since it is J1772 compatible it can charge any current car. It will supply current to match the car's internal charger.

I truly love my B but the electric parts were hurriedly thrown in. Why is there no charging indicator or timer?

Well my B was totaled and the EVSE charges my replacement eGolf at 30A just fine even though it charged my B at 40A. It just ignores the extra 10A. That is the beauty of a J1772 car.

Back