Removing the front bumper

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdcal19

Well, I lost a battle with a rogue telephone pole cable and broke the clips off one side of the front bumper. Does anyone have any infor for removing the bumper so I can repair it? Is there a service manual floating around somewhere?
Thanks.

Bad luck. I am seeing my mechanic Monday as he is going to repair a pushed in rear bumper and will ask him. Hazards of parking on the streets of NYC.

JeffRay said:
Bad luck. I am seeing my mechanic Monday as he is going to repair a pushed in rear bumper and will ask him. Hazards of parking on the streets of NYC.

My very minor rear end damage ended up costing $3900 plus 3 weeks of a rental car.

Good luck with your repair. It seems that most parts come from Germany.

I bought the "Mercedes Benz ALL MODELS 1986-2015 Service Repair Workshop Manual software" off eBay for 12$ so if it has the car I will be able to see what needs to be done to remove it. If it is too much I will have to suck it up and get the repair done. I am sure the whole front bumper will have to be replaced.

No new info for you, sorry. My mechanic put mine on the hoist, took my wheel off, unbolted a panel and was able to access the rear quadrant. They heated the bumper and pushed out the indentation. Not perfect as you can see some small indents but less costly than replacing the bumper or looking at a large indentation.

It seems to me you are going to have to do the same, i.e. raise the car and remove the wheels to get at the panels at the very least.

Back