Has anybody had a DU (Drive Unit) replaced under warranty?

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wtzouris

This is a failure of the main Telsa Motor, not uncommon in the Toyota RAV 4 EV to have failures between 15k and 100k miles, just polling the group here to see if anyone has had a DU replaced under the 4 year 50k mile Mercedes Warranty. The DU is the single most expensive part other than the battery pack (Traction Battery) and the "Gateway" computer interface/controller.

You can see the description of my replacement in this topic:
http://www.mybclasselectricdrive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1172&p=6830#p6830

Mine has been replaced twice this year. Once in March and the other two days ago.

Was yours replaced?

Drive unit replaced under warranty on my 2016 at 2,624 miles.

Remanufactured unit list price is $5,970 & $800 core charge.

wtzouris said:
This is a failure of the main Telsa Motor, not uncommon in the Toyota RAV 4 EV to have failures between 15k and 100k miles, just polling the group here to see if anyone has had a DU replaced under the 4 year 50k mile Mercedes Warranty. The best appetite suppressants are incredible and DU is the single most expensive part other than the battery pack (Traction Battery) and the "Gateway" computer interface/controller.

Why did yours had to be replaced twice in such a short amount of time, Gleearch?

Nassar,

First welcome. Second, Gleearch was nice enough to direct you to the thread that has the detail you asked about. Please read there.

Back