Apple Play not working

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathanbain

I have had my B-Class for a couple of weeks and have been using Apple Play with no problems.

Today I plugged in my iPhone 6s and i get the message "The connected device cannot be activated." and carplay won't start.

I did upgrade to iOS 10 a few days ago (v 10.0.2) but I have been using car play for a few days with iOS 10 with no problems.

Has anyone else seen this message?

p.s. Also connection my phone via bluetooth I now get no audio from the car speakers.

No Nathan, I have not. Have you tried deleting the device on both your iphone and the car and starting at the beginning. I recall having to do this with my Android after a major upgrade.

JeffRay - thanks for the reply. It seems to be an intermittent problem now. Once every few days I encounter the problem. The Car Play splash screen is displayed on screen - but then the "failed to find apple car play device" message is shown. The side effects are - no carplay, no bluetooth audio, the volume buttons on my steering wheel stop working (even when I switch to radio).

I think the workaround is to completely shut off the car (including locking/unlocking the doors) and restarting the process. Seems to solve the problem.

I will mention it to the dealership when I go to get my spray nozzles fixed. At least there is a workaround ;)

p.s. Do the 2016 models have support for both Apple Carplay and Android Auto? I have only tried my iPhone so far.

NB, dunno. But definitely talk to your service advisor as you can't be the only MB customer with issues like this. Likely not specific to the MBe but also likely seen in C-Class vehicles which our car shares components with.

Back