Wiper blade replacement

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Electrons

Okay guys, I feel like a complete moron, but I can't replace the windshield wiper blades on my 2016 B250e. I had a 2014 B-class ED (totaled, RIP) that I don't remember there being anything funny about the wipers.

Now on my 2016, the blades have degraded and gotten all streaky, so I bought my standard pair of Rain-X replacement blades. Well, I was greeted by some sort weird cartridge on the wiper arm that I'd never seen before. The replacement blades are totally incompatible, including the adapter. See pics of OEM wiper blades.

Do I need to buy special blades or a different adapter to put my cheapo Rain-X replacement blades on? Any advice appreciated. You'll probably all tell me that's a very standard European cartridge but I've never seen it.

eis800.jpg

2crms8w.jpg

255mkc8.jpg

Sorry Electron, have only replaced blades on my vintage roadster. It just clipped onto the arm without any adapter.

Did you search YouTube?

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but there aren’t many of us with a b250e (especially in the UK!).

Word of warning first: they changed the fitting late 2015, so firstly make sure you get the right ones!

I mailed Bosch about it a couple of moths back after difficulty being able to source the correct wipers. The Bosch set you need is A207S.

Great, I thought, but who ever had them on eBay was always out of stock. Tried three different suppliers.

I actually snapped part of the clip when trying to work out how to get them off and Mercedes said the plastic end piece on the wiper arm that broke is not available by itself. You have to buy a whole new wiper arm at 90GBP !!! (150USD)

New wiper blades are available from Mercedes for 40GBP a set.

With regards to how to remove the wipers:

Lift the wiper arm up
Move the wiper blade away from the arm (important, otherwise you can’t slide the end piece along)
Slide the wiper arm plastic end piece towards the end of the wiper arm. It moves about 5mm and releases the blade. I think you might need to press it in when you do it.

Back