Back window replacement?

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyyuan

I got my car broken into early january, and have taken my car to a body shot to get the windows fixed.
It took about a week to get the new glass in from Mercedes, and it was installed ok. But there is a missing connector, to the defroster for power.

it's been almost a month, and the body shop is working with the parts manager at Autobahn but they are all baffled...they told me they've called Mercedes of NA as well as Mercedes of Germany, and no one can give them a straight answer.

Anyone has any experience with that?

thanks.

DYY,

For certain things on our limited edition car, better to take it to the dealer to solve. An average body or glass shop won't see enough of our cars to know and don't really have an incentive to remedy it either. Unless of course, you know the owner very very well.

Sorry this happened to you. The only saving grace is perhaps the rear defroster is not an often used item. I don't even know where the button is and I live in the northeast.

Yeah, they've been working with Mercedes and so far nothing...
I wonder if i can just take the car into a dealer and pretend nothing happened...and just say "hey, rear defroster doesn't work for some reason"... ; )

That isn't going to likely work unless it is an OEM replacement part. In that case, sure why not, just say it does not work. Could be a fuse or bad wire or something like that.

Found this:

http://mbfans.me/EN/mercedes/c/1/a/FG/cat/P02/246244/spmn/0/g/74/closing%20system/sg/030

However, I'm getting an SQL error when trying to look up the rear door panel window assembly. Other than the electric bits, the B250e is the same car as the gasoline B250 in Canada. You might want to phone a Canadian dealer to see if they can look up the part you need.

Back