Suspension Upgrades?

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I understand it, the rough ride is entirely caused by the run flat tires. A well healed user replaced them with conventional tires and it made a world of difference.

I'm sticking with run-flats, but I am going to use softer compound winter rubber (Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 runflat) this winter and look forward to the ride difference. Also Tire Rack has Pirelli P7 Cinturato Summer rubber (runflat) for this car I wonder if they would be softer than the Michelins. Probably the same.....If you aren't going to carry a spare, runflat tires are a nice feature for a commuter car. You can always get to where you are going, no delays.

Run flats are a great topic and if there's not a thread already we should start one.

I'm looking for a more robust option like suspension upgrades, better shocks?, performance after-market ideas.

Electrically controlled ride add-on, air suspension uogrades etc

Has anyone done anything like this?

It's not the run-flats. The standard B-Class weighs 1000 lbs less than ours. So the spring rates must be a lot higher than a normal B-Class. The dampeners (shocks) have to balance between a compliant ride and a quick dampening rate. Or something to that effect.

My solution (TIC) is to be sure everyone is buckled up and then I drive like a bat out of hell over the NYC potholes. The kids love it. After all, mine is a lease job so not going to put money into it. Considered replacing the run-flats but after one nail, ain't going to do so. Seriously, I am a careful driver but occasionally space out and feel the bumps due to the stiff battery pan on the bottom of the car.

Back