Help finding replacement for Driver side Mirror assembly

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phaduman

While backing, my wife hit the driver side rear view mirror against the garage. I took apart the broken pieces and it looks like need to replace the entire assembly. I removed interior speaker grill area and got the 3 screws needed to remove the entire assembly.

I am looking for replacement part and from MB dealership, it is close to $800. Ebay for B-Class is tough to find. Any options my friends to get cheaper parts? the best I got to know is this platform/style of B-Class is W247 code. It is slightly easier to search this way than by using the generic B-Class.

Appreciate any help/guidance.

phaduman,

I understand that many of the B-Class components were taken from the B and C class platform. You might want to search for a c-class compatible mirror or in Canada for a gas powered B-class side mirror. Good luck.

you can find parts at oediscountparts.com
at discount from stealer prices.

enter year,make,model - body hardware/front door/outside mirrors

Thanks BL. Good site to know. I found the mirror left for 2015 and it has individual parts. Hopefully, some of the original parts are working so only need to buy the parts he actually needs and do it himself.

thanks a lot @blaferty & jeffRay for responding.

Blaferty - good site. I couldn't get the option "outside mirrors" using your selection (body hardware/front door" path.
https://www.oediscountparts.com/parts/2015/Mercedes-Benz/B%20Electric%20Drive/Base/?siteid=215242&vehicleid=422810&section=BODY%20HARDWARE&group=DOOR&subgroup=FRONT%20DOOR

Anyways, I made progress. Visited the local MB dealer that gave me the list of parts for the driver side mirror. The parts I needed (all except the top body-color cover) was list-priced at $540. I went to mbwholesalepartsonline.com store (MB dealer in Long Island city) and they had healthy 20% discount - so I put them into cart for $310 (Yay!) and hopefully will know tomorrow if they can ship them. And yes, I was able to remove the broken parts from the car (including removing the door side speaker grill removal etc to reach the 3 bolts to remove the main mirror frame etc. So, now, waiting for parts to be shipped from NY area to Cali.

BTW - I just input the same parts (not search by vehicle) into oediscountparts.com and they are a few bucks cheaper than mbwholesalepartsonline store. Will definitely use next time.

EDIT: The outside mirrors option shows up if I select 2016 as model yr, instead of 2015. They just haven't updated their catalog for 2015. I think the parts would be identical between 2014-2017 for the B-Class.

thanks again

A quick follow up: MBwholesalepartsonline people called me as one part required special order and they said that would be here tomorrow and as I had requested overnight, that I will get all the parts by Thu. They also reminded that they are an authorized MB dealer and sell all new OE parts. They also double checked that this is the left/driver side - as some folks get confused between left and right. Overall, very nice service and follow up.

cheers

Back