B-Class Electric Drive Forum

It is currently Mon May 22, 2017 8:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: READ THIS before you buy or lease the MB B EV
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:23 am 

No issues for me, over 14,000 miles driven in 14 months. I was getting some dashboard warnings between 8-12 months of service, but never had the slip into neutral issue. I kept driving on the warnings and they always cleared on their own in about 15 minutes. The car always drives well -- no mechanical issues.. Since the recall service/software patch no more dashboard warnings. And the GOM - "Miles Remaining" meter is much more accurate. I never go in for routine maintenance, I change wiper blades, wiper fluid, and cabin air filter myself and went to You Tube to figure out how to reset the service indicator lights myself. Looking forward to doing the same at 20k and 30k miles. This is a 3-year 36k mile lease. Ultimately I would get another brand because I think the Mercedes service department tries to rip you off, trying to get you to pay $500-800 for "routine service intervals" . Electric cars need much less service, the coolant for the battery is long life and the brakes will probably last 100k miles because of the battery regeneration assisting in slowing down. All that is left is windshield washer fluid, tires, cabin air filter. No other timing belts, spark plugs, CV boots, transmissions/transfer cases or anything like that...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:10 pm 

Well you still have drive shafts and CV boots.

I do agree the maintenence is much less, and plan to do the same as you.

And remember the yearly battery certification from MB is free as has been posted elsewhere on this forum. I have to do mine in Apr for the first time.

Previous
2012 White Focus Electric
2002 Black BMW 335i

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:08 pm 

I have slightly more than 22,000 miles in 29 months. A couple months after I bought it I had a problem with it not willing to recharge. Dealer said that the switch was locked into the open position. Fixed under warranty.

I have had the loss of power issue once or twice in the two years.