My Mercedes Electric website outage (10 hours and going)

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsjacob

Some of you probably noticed the My Mercedes Electric (US-only) website outage. At the time I'm writing this the outage has been going for close to 10 hours. I can't do anything about the outage, but I can point you to a status page. I built this page so MyB users can figure out why their statuses might not be updating (i.e., a website outage). Of course, knowing that there is a Mercedes-Benz outage could be useful even for those not using MyB.

http://www.surprisinglynormal.com/myb/status.html

The status page automatically updates every 5 minutes.

Share and Enjoy,
John

Haven't been able to access the web app since yesterday around noon. It must be a server issue because the EVAccess app doesn't work as well.

The EvAccess and Benz webpage started working about an hour ago.

I'd be willing to bet it is related to the ransomware attack, rather then risk being infected they probably shut it down until the patch was applied.

Yes, the website started working around 11:45 am Pacific Daylight Time.

I called Mercedes-Benz USA Customer Care earlier this morning. The representative with whom I spoke was not aware of planned or unplanned downtime of the website. She successfully reproduced the error and was surprised that it had been down since Friday. Despite the reproduction she still required my specific vehicle information to escalate the issue internally. The website started working about 45 minutes later.

Back