B Service

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evnewbie

I had B Service on my B-ED a couple weeks ago and the battery drive efficiency has been almost 10% higher since then. It's a pleasant surprise but it's not clear why. The only thing unusual is that the technician found small leakage in the axle shaft and reinstalled/sealed it but I am not sure how that could increase efficiency so much.

Has anyone else seen similar after B Service?

Could be combo of that plus a software tweak and your more efficient driving? 10% is great but not necessarily statistically significant.

Enjoy the ride.

Interesting observation. I had B service last week and yes, there are some increase in range. But I relate it to warmer weather in Seattle.
Also, it could be tire rotation :)
Currently - full charge (not extended) - 99 miles.

GGV said:
Interesting observation. I had B service last week and yes, there are some increase in range. But I relate it to warmer weather in Seattle.
Also, it could be tire rotation :)
Currently - full charge (not extended) - 99 miles.

I also thought about weather that's why I waited to see how it behaved over couple weeks. The efficiency improvement was immediate right after the B service and there was not much weather change for at least a week.

20,500 miles, service B is due for me. Good to know there might be some improvements.

What did the B service cost you guys?

TheStig said:
20,500 miles, service B is due for me. Good to know there might be some improvements.

What did the B service cost you guys?

I prepaid when I leased so don't remember exactly but I believe it's around $700?

Back