B-Class Electric Drive Forum

It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Expiring Lease; Now What?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:57 pm 

Z, I am a little curious how they can do that without a replacement in hand given whatever the compliance rules are. If they have a replacement, I am all theirs. If not, see other thread for the not so great choices available to me in November/December.

Post subject: Re: Expiring Lease; Now What?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:40 pm 

Jeff! Hi I am in the same boat, after 2 years 8 months and 30,000 miles driven, I have to consider the replacement for my beloved B-Class ED... Mercedes is just not committed to EVs, so I can't do it again. I was hopeful that I could extend my lease by 6 months but Mercedes Benz Financial says absolutely not. No way unless I have another M-B on order. The usual extension is 3 months if you have an order in the system. My buyout is $23k and the car will most likely go to auction and sell for $14k. I know a guy who buys cars at auction and he could specifically look for my VIN and buy it for me. But ultimately I wanted the B250e to be 44-50 kWh by now instead of 36 kWh and have a DCFC option for me to continue. I get these jobs that are 90 miles round trip and I have to find L2 chargers and leave an hour early to charge halfway! No more. Honestly the 90-150 mile (winter-summer) range of the new 2017 i3 REX will be good enough for me 99% of the time, my wife with use the REX motor, I will seek out DCFC. 150 miles is perfect weather, no Cooling or Heat, low speeds.
Over at BMW, the product keeps improving!!! I'm ordering a BMW i3 REX 94Ah in October for December delivery from Chris Chang of BMW of Bloomfield (NJ). They are BMW i3 people and know how to make a good deal. I'm getting a loaded 2017 car MSRP $56k and the newest thing is you can "code" your car with an OBD to WiFi adaptor and your iPhone -- no more using laptop.. You can tweak the parameters of the car -- when the REX engine, kicks in, etc. The newest i3 has a moonroof, leather seats, and ACC stop and go which should be cool for bumper to bumper FDR and West Side Highway traffic. I'll keep you posted on my exact deal as I get closer to October. I drive a lot so I need 15k miles a year this time, hoping for under $400 a month, $2500 down.