B-Class Electric Drive Forum

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Without restarting, consult workshop
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:44 am 

My car "moans" occasionally when I have the A/C running.

Other than that, from time to time I used to get the "malfunction visit workshop" warning when I plug in my car immediately after returning from a commute. The solenoid in my Clipper Creek HCS-40p would click twice and the message would show up. I've since lowered my charging to from "maximum" (32 amps with my EVSE) down to 13 amps at home to pair better with my solar generation and it hasn't happened since. Not sure if it's a quirk with the car or a problem with the EVSE.

It's been a while since I've posted here. 30,000 km so far with my B and it's been running great.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:09 pm 

No.....I hear this with the windows up and it is a drone or moan that is occurring every morning at start up and like I said it seems to be rpm dependent that winds down when you release the "gas" pedal ( the pitch slowly drops )

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:26 pm 

Please have the dealer check it out if you can citing known problem with some of the motors.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:04 pm 

Regarding the subject, is there any updates about the reasons which causes such a message? I have got same message two times both in same conditions when braking to traffic lights using D-. It is possible to acknowledge the message, but then right away appears brown written message "Malfunction Visit Workshop". I visit both times in official MB service center but they are not able to find a root cause of fault. Just reset error codes and propose to follow if same happens again. Before the "Without restaring..." message charging went through up to 100% without problems, but after the message charging starts well, but stops to 95% with blinking red light on top of the charging socket. Finally in this morning the car was not starting at all and it gives a red message "Stop Switch Engine Off". This message cannot be acknowledged. Also EV-meter in gauge panel indicates 0 but charging gauge 95%. Last visit in the service center their engineer said that he reset an error code which was related to over voltage in somewhere, and after reset the charging was OK with two different units. Also short test drive was passed OK. They also consult the factory, but so far no reply from there.

Any suggestions? Now I have to arrange a towing truck to get car back to service :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:24 am 

PVA,

Sorry to hear. Assume your car received all software updates. This sounds like a new observation not previously discussed in this forum. Overvoltage is what the MB engineer cited and simply resetting the system is NOT solving the root cause. I would arrange for a tow, a loaner, and have them do full investigation under warranty. Tell them that it is their job to find the problem and fix it, not yours. At the same time, please check out your home charger.

Good luck. Again, this is unfortunate.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:07 pm 

Since I started this thread long long time ago....

But all I can add is that after a couple extended service visits and weeks of burning fossil fuel in a C300 loaner car they replaced what I think was the battery heater or charge heater and it solved the issue for good. Mine only acted up in cold weather. No error message of any kind in more than 10k miles since then.

Those are standard Benz error messages, not special to The B class so we can’t discern anything from them. The dealer has to sort it out which usually means collecting data and opening a case with the factory in Germany.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:34 am 

After 10 days service period the result was that hv-battery pack will be renewed as a warranty. This means at least 10 more days to wait. Factory tries to find RCA when they receives old package.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:40 pm 

PVA, good to hear they finally got to covered under warranty. Unfortunately, with limited experience, their reflex answer is no until we push the point.

When cleared, please let us know.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:27 pm 

Got my car back and charging seems to be ok. As they replaced the charging unit also, i think that no one knowns the actual RCA. Service center promised to keep me updated, but i am not expecting much.

However another problem occured when I chaged to winter tyres. Is there any instructions how to get rid of the warning lighth? Tyres dont have tpms sensors installed. According to service center the warning light is only visual warning, no other functions.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:03 am 

As far as I know the service center has to register the sensors. In my ex eGolf you could turn off the sensor reading for winter tires, not so the B. The B is strictly a CARB car with the minimum effort required to fit the Tesla Drivetrain. Normal Mercedes frills are lacking. It does not even have a charge indicator. That said, I really like the car.

I am back to another 2017 Cirrus White B250E
It is around $75 more and I like it!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next