I just got stuck paying $424 for my 1st annual service ???

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi and thanks……however I am perplexed regarding the software recall…….the seller checked for any recalls for this vehicle and came up empty, and stated so in writing. Could you please give me a reference or subject to pursue. What did it pertain to or involve ??

Agent 007,

This is troubling. Everyone got a recall notice. If seller did not do, you can get done for free at any MB dealer. See this thread in Technical Discussions, "Check if RECALL applies to your MBe". If it is not done, your new car is prone to stall while in motion unexpectedly. If they did do it, great, there is no new recall.

Check it out.

UPDATE…Update….found out the recall was taken care of before I bought it and the CAC had it on record…….why didn't the dealers know ?? And it seems that I finally found a rep at CAC that understood and was on board about the Battery certification….after studying the dealer invoice I got, it seems that they did charge me for the dissecant filter but just included the certification process cost into the total service A cost which was only $103. The CAC rep was going to call my Service Director and explain the no cost part to him. However the manual quote she gave me doesn't mention filters at no cost just the certification process. Lets see if I can add the image of the quote she sent me.
[image]Users/chuck007/Desktop/Desiccant filter-2.PNG[image]

Excellent. BTW, you should not assume the dealers are familiar with this vehicle. Check the forum before you talk to them.

Sorry to drag this out but the good ole rep from the CAC did E-mail my service director and told him that the filters were included in the free battery certification and the customer needs a credit ( for the filters) now or going forward for future service. I will just wait and see if there is going to be a response since I already have made quite a fuss already.

No issue here. Instructive for others to see how uninformed most MB dealers are. You time is very important but you also paid a premium for the car so should get what is included. Shhheeesshh.

Well what do you know…….my trusty service advisor called me today to say that I should be getting a credit for the battery certification and they are going to try to get MB to pay for it. My wife says "what if MB doesn't pay?"….oh well we wait and see. Another issue you might find interesting is that the Maintenance Service Indicator (miles before next service) is frozen and continues to read 365 days….????? They are going to look into this !

I just had Valencia Mercedes in Santa Clarita California complete my 'A' Service and flash the PTCU-Gateway as per campaign 2016060001. This was at no cost and included a loaner. I didn't take the loaner, just looked at all their other cars. They had 4 B-250's, one S Class plug in, and a GLE plug in. I thought that was a nice selection.

Hi AceVolt......My dealer in Carslbad finally gave me a full credit for an A service and complete battery certification with filters amounting to almost $300......I will expect the same deal for the warranty life of the battery ! :D

Hi Chuck,
I am glad they gave you the full credit for A service check. When I leased my car, they said I had prepaid service checks. If I didn't want the prepaid service checks my monthly payment was going to be around $5/month. I was not sure why that was the case, but I took it.

I have declined every service and have been fine.... I am 2.5 years in and have never paid a dollar to Mercedes for any service, and have had tons of warranty work done...

I went through this dance with my local dealer and Mercedes-Benz Customer Service. MBCS was useless, but the dealer covered it as a one-time goodwill gesture. Good on Alfano Motorcars in San Luis Obispo, CA. As I don't want this to be a yearly dance for the next 7 years, I am sending an email to the MB Vice President of Customer Services and CC'ing the President of Mercedes-Benz USA. Hopefully this will end this thread once and for all.

MB customer service called the dealer and straightened it out. Before charging you for the battery service, the dealer should call the MB warranty department. This is a warranty issue and not a service issue!

I did the "D" service earlier this year and was charged $600 by the MB dealer in Oakland. They said the battery check was included under warranty but replacing the fluids, etc was what amounted to $600 and change.
I don't get why it cost $600 to top up some fluids. What exactly is there to service in an EV?
Has anyone taken their B class to a non dealer service center in the Bay Area?

EVs are supposed to be lower maintenance than an ICE but I'm not seeing it with the MB dealership prices and I'm unsure if servicing at a non MB dealership center will void my warranty. Any thoughts on this is appreciated.

Thanks

Back