B-Class Electric Drive Forum

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
 Post subject: Re: Leasing
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:54 pm 

Hi fkrull,
Sorry to hear about your new car delay!
I was in your shoes 2 months ago. At that time, i3 deals were abysmal. The east coast (DC-Philadelphia-NYC-Boston) seemed to be saturated with "base" $42k MSRP models. With 3-4 $47-49 examples in Boston (gone now) and 2 more in New London, CT (still there).
I tried a broker who was a "friend-of-a-friend" but he was not familiar with the car and couldn't work out good numbers beyond what I had.
American medical association is offering $3,000 cash back, AMEX MB Platinum has $1,000 in credit I believe as well, ask for loyalty cash, and MB does MSD (multiple security deposits) in $500 increments that you can back at the end of the lease. This will bring down the MF (money factor) a surrogate for interest ((Currently, new-car interest rates, according to Bankrate.com, are about 4.0% which translates to a lease money factor of .0017 (divide interest rate by 2400). A lease deal with a money factor of less than .0017 is a good deal. Anything higher, means less of a good deal.)) point of the story - don't give a classic down payment just to drop you monthly payment.

I think you should be able to do better than the deal you are posting now. Check out leasehackr.com as they talk about SOCAL (and nationwide) deals all the time. Other option is to go on swapalease.com 1 car in Hawaii (606/mo yikes!!!) and a '15 for $406/mo for 9 months- seller offering to cover lease transfer application (this can take 1 month to do start to finish but at least you have no down payment and buys you time for something else if you want) http://www.swapalease.com/lease/details ... id=1194066
2 months into mine find it to be the perfect commuter car. I'm impressed with the base stereo too! Dealer didn't throw in the USB navigation- relying on gmaps for traffic but that fits between the tachometer and speedometer vertically.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16