Leasing

B-Class Electric Drive Forum

Help Support B-Class Electric Drive Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For this particular car I’m not sure but yes it’s not true that all electric cars give this much mileage, it’s too low. One must check an electric car buyers guide before reaching at any decision. Surely in coming time electric cars’ going to be future of every country so am thinking to buy it now.

I am considering leasing the 2017 B250e this month.
Does the 2017 B250e come with a range extender as standard equipment?
A salesperson said they do, but I can't find information on the MB website or anywhere else stating this.
Also, for anyone that is using the range extender, how does it work and how many extra miles do you get? And does it work well?
Thank you!

fkrull said:
I am considering leasing the 2017 B250e this month.
Does the 2017 B250e come with a range extender as standard equipment?
A salesperson said they do, but I can't find information on the MB website or anywhere else stating this.
Also, for anyone that is using the range extender, how does it work and how many extra miles do you get? And does it work well?
Thank you!

Since 2015 all B's come with the range extender. Another option that is worthwhile is the blind spot warning.

I leased a B with premium 3 and blind spot for 32K. The deals are good in CARB states. The basic stripper is even cheaper but I wanted the stuff with 3.

fkrull,

YES!!!! Both that it includes and that you are re-upping. My bet is that the deals are abound. They seem to come delivered in two flavors, "stripped" which I got and "loaded" which many prefer. The difference is about $7K on MSRP. My stripped came with range extender, heated seats, rear camera. Loaded comes with Nav, better radio, radar assisted regeneration, among other goodies. I don't miss it as it is my local commuting car and I am may put 4K a year mileage at most.

My 2014 did not come with range extender so my experience is limited to last couple of months. As a lease car, I always use range extender each time I charge. With my urban driving, it gives me maybe 15 miles extra which serves me for a day of my usual driving. I still have to charge 1-2 times a week now and when it gets colder definitely 2 times a week.

I think the combo of range extender and radar assisted regeneration is a good one. Not having latter in 2017 is maybe costing me 3-5 miles per cycle. I dunno for sure but regen kicked in earlier when I was coasting.

If I had to do it over again, I would have been more patient and gotten the loaded car when the price was right.

Be sure you get all the tax credits due you if you are leasing plus dealer incentives. Every dealer I dealt with sent me the screen shot with key assumptions so it was transparent.

GlennD and JeffRay,
Thank you very much for your very helpful responses!
The lease on my 2014 B-Class ED ends on Dec. 20.
I'm going in to a dealership today here in LA to see what kind of lease deal I can get on a 2017.

fkrull,

cargurus.com shows 60+ 2017 B250e for sale within 50 miles of zip code 90001. You should have your pick. Be sure you get the federal tax credit, CA tax credit and then maybe another 10+ percent off MSRP. There was only 1 in the NYC area and I was impatient so only got nominal dealer incentive.

Good hunting fkrull.

fkrull said:
GlennD and JeffRay,
Thank you very much for your very helpful responses!
The lease on my 2014 B-Class ED ends on Dec. 20.
I'm going in to a dealership today here in LA to see what kind of lease deal I can get on a 2017.

Assuming LA is Southern California you should be able to get a really good deal. I never got that far but the finance guy in 2014 said that Mercedes would forgive the last three payments to lease early. That said, I really had to search to find an optioned out car. Most dealers only had strippers on hand. Anaheim Mercedes had 4 strippers and only one fully optioned car. Well not really fully optioned since it does not have the unwanted parking assist.

Most people have no idea that Mercedes has an electric car. The dealers really want to get rid of them and Mercedes really subsides the car for CARB credit. As I said the list on my car was just under 49K and I leased it for 32K. At that price it was less than my VW lease.

Yes, there seems to be a decent inventory of 2017s in the Los Angeles area. But there was a recent recall on the B250e and none of the dealerships could sell any until the parts became available to make the required fix. Yesterday I got a call that the one I wanted had the fix made and is now available for me. I was supposed to go in today but have been rescheduled for tomorrow. MSRP is $43,090 and it has rear camera, blind spot assist, smartphone package and heated front seat.

My 2014 was $43,160 MSRP and leased it for $29,403 with $736 down and $330/mo payments for 36 mo/7.5K miles. And that included 2 years of prepaid maintenance. I was very happy with that deal! I want a comparable deal on a 2017. We'll see how it goes...

Has anyone ever used a lease broker?

I was considering the BMW i3 if the B Class was unavailable, but there has been a recall on those as well, and no dealerships can sell them until BMW comes up with a fix, and no one has any idea how long that will take.

fkrull said:
Yes, there seems to be a decent inventory of 2017s in the Los Angeles area. But there was a recent recall on the B250e and none of the dealerships could sell any until the parts became available to make the required fix. Yesterday I got a call that the one I wanted had the fix made and is now available for me. I was supposed to go in today but have been rescheduled for tomorrow. MSRP is $43,090 and it has rear camera, blind spot assist, smartphone package and heated front seat.

My 2014 was $43,160 MSRP and leased it for $29,403 with $736 down and $330/mo payments for 36 mo/7.5K miles. And that included 2 years of prepaid maintenance. I was very happy with that deal! I want a comparable deal on a 2017. We'll see how it goes...

Has anyone ever used a lease broker?

I was considering the BMW i3 if the B Class was unavailable, but there has been a recall on those as well, and no dealerships can sell them until BMW comes up with a fix, and no one has any idea how long that will take.

Well, you seem to have a better deal than I managed. My 2014 was just under 50K MSRP and the lease was for 34K. I just am not interested in a stripper. I want and I am willing to pay for options. On the other hand Jeff is happy with his stripper. Even stripped the car offers a lot. Me, I want a backup camera, paddles, blind spot, and the enhanced audio with the upgraded navigation. So it increases the payment but I can handle it!

Being single means that the car can cost a lot. I have no other credit card payments and no townhouse payment. So I do not really have any other costs. I charge and pay off around 2K per month. I am sure the credit card companies hate me since they give me a bonus and they can not charge interest.

Hi fkrull,
Sorry to hear about your new car delay!
I was in your shoes 2 months ago. At that time, i3 deals were abysmal. The east coast (DC-Philadelphia-NYC-Boston) seemed to be saturated with "base" $42k MSRP models. With 3-4 $47-49 examples in Boston (gone now) and 2 more in New London, CT (still there).
I tried a broker who was a "friend-of-a-friend" but he was not familiar with the car and couldn't work out good numbers beyond what I had.
American medical association is offering $3,000 cash back, AMEX MB Platinum has $1,000 in credit I believe as well, ask for loyalty cash, and MB does MSD (multiple security deposits) in $500 increments that you can back at the end of the lease. This will bring down the MF (money factor) a surrogate for interest ((Currently, new-car interest rates, according to Bankrate.com, are about 4.0% which translates to a lease money factor of .0017 (divide interest rate by 2400). A lease deal with a money factor of less than .0017 is a good deal. Anything higher, means less of a good deal.)) point of the story - don't give a classic down payment just to drop you monthly payment.

I think you should be able to do better than the deal you are posting now. Check out leasehackr.com as they talk about SOCAL (and nationwide) deals all the time. Other option is to go on swapalease.com 1 car in Hawaii (606/mo yikes!!!) and a '15 for $406/mo for 9 months- seller offering to cover lease transfer application (this can take 1 month to do start to finish but at least you have no down payment and buys you time for something else if you want) http://www.swapalease.com/lease/details/2015-Mercedes-Benz-B-Class-Electric-Drive.aspx?salid=1194066
2 months into mine find it to be the perfect commuter car. I'm impressed with the base stereo too! Dealer didn't throw in the USB navigation- relying on gmaps for traffic but that fits between the tachometer and speedometer vertically.

Back